Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

#1 luxury resort in Bavaro area?

Could anyone tell me what the best luxury resort in the punta cana/bavaro area is? Looking for luxury and beautiful beach… Thanks all…

Hi Teamstermike. I think you’re going to have to give more of a description of what you’re looking for. You want luxury, but are 4 stars okay, or are you strictly looking for a 5? Do you want to stay adults only, or are you happier with the sound of kids splashing in the pool? Do you want a more personal experience - with the staff knowing you by name and drink preference (so, small resort), or do you prefer the anonymity of a large resort? It seems that there is something in the Bavaro area for everyone, and one person’s idea of “best” is entirely different from another person’s. If the people on this board know more about what you’re looking for, it will be easier for them to help you! One thing seems to be for sure - the beautiful beach is a given, so you’re off to a good start!

what your budget? try the beach cottages at cap cana…wow!!

Hi Sailorgirl, Sorry for not being more descriptive. Would prefer 5 star, kids or no kids, doesnt matter. Large resort with activities at night fits us better. Our budget, well, I havent seen anything on Funjet or Apple that we would not be willing to pay, so we are really just looking for luxury without any problems (overbooking is the worst for me!!!). Have you heard anything about Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro yet? Was supposed to be open by now but only 2 reviews on tripadvisor and none on Debbies??? Thank you so much for your quick post, have a great day! Mike

The Iberostar Board has a “live” from thread going right now. The place sounds really, really nice.

The Bahai Principe is an excellent resort. The Punta Cana or Bavaro sections are both great.
If you want an adults only section, Try the Ambar section of the Bahia.
Great large rooms, clean, great service and the food was excellent. I would consider this a 4.5 -5 star resort.
Were ever you chose … have a great time.

Paradisus Palma Real is likely the most luxurious and it is quite expensive also. I have stayed at many but this one is out of my budget range.