Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

1st time to Cuba in April - advice needed!

Hello all. I am new here. I’ve only travelled once in my life and it was to D.R. last year to Bavaro Princess.

This year my husband and I (28 and 30 y/o) would like to go to Cuba at the end of April. We are both huge nature lovers and therefore, we mostly care about the beach and nature around the resort (palm trees on the beach just melt my heart!) ;D. Plus photography is a huge passion of my husband.

We have narrowed it down to the following few hotels:

Sol Palmeras - Varadero

Playa Pesquero - Holguin (we heard the beach is not as nice and the water color is not as turqoise as other places)

Tryp Cayo coco - Cayo Coco (we heard the beach is very narrow??)

If any of you have been to these could you please kindly let me know your thoughts on the beach, food (edable?) and some entertainment at night. We also prefer medium to large size resorts.

Thank you all in advance!

Can tell you the beach in Cayo Coco is amazing. Maybe a little narrow compared to Punta Cana, but amazing beach and amazing clear water. Best beach I have been at in all my travels. But a very quiet area of Cuba

Varadero is great as well, a better place to stay if you want more to do and see.

Can’t speak of Holguin as never been there. But I am guessing based on what you want it would be the 3rd choice.

There are lots of opportunities for photographers at the markets in Varadero.

I would recommend Varadero, The Riu hotel just opened last year, worth a look, http://www.riuvaradero.ca

I am going to the Memories Paraiso Cayo Coco Santa Maria in Feb and it is supposed to have wonderful beaches. I too am a photographer of nature and supposedly this resort is surrounded by some kind of Eco park. This is also my first time to Cuba

Trinidad is a town known for being a hot bed for songs about 10 kilometers from the Caribbean on the southern shore of Cuba. Playa Ancon is the seaside it is just wonderful, excellent pristine, secure for all age groups.