Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

3 kids?

Hi, any DR recommendations for a family of Mom, Dad and 3 kids (12,9, 6)?

I’d like a suite but dont seem to be able to find the right search option in any of the online booking sites. Is it ‘suites’?

Any sites that specialize in such?

thanks

Have you narrowed it down to a general location yet (east coast, north coast, south coast, Samana)?
The 12 year old will usually be treated as an adult, so you’re looking at 3 adults and 2 kids. Not many resorts can handle 5 people in a room (or for that matter a suite). Maybe book two connecting rooms. To do that you might have to book as 4 adults and 1 child. This might be a valid case to use the services of a travel agent, but check the prices for doubles and triples on-line and be sure to throw those numbers around …

edit: I was just looking at online bookings and the question was 15 or under. Maybe you’ll luck out on the age thing.

Meila family suite in Punta Cana

the Princess Tropical in Punta Cana

Holiday Village Golden in Peurta Plata

possibly the Serinis Tropical

I’m 98% sure that Sirenis Tropical won’t put more than 4 persons in the suite. I can try to look into it for you if you want.

[quote=@bobfromcanada]

edit: I was just looking at online bookings and the question was 15 or under. Maybe you’ll luck out on the age thing.[/quote]

It seems to be 12 and under…my older son turned 13 this fall and we had to pay adult fare for him for the first time! :frowning:

Hi, yes please any info is appreciated.

I came across Sirenis on SOV and it looks perfect and the right price.

But, from the SOV site, its not clear whether the quot they are giving me is for a single suite or two rooms…

thanks to all for the tips

If you are looking at Sirenis Tropical, it’s a suite.
If you are looking at Sirenis Cocotal, it’s a hotel room.
I’ll ask the question. It may take a while to get an answer.

Our last trip to Sirenis was Dec 2006 and I think all my reviews have rolled off Debbies site by now, but you can access review copies, photos and video slide shows via my site at www.bobfromcanada.com

yes, its the Tropical I’m looking at so I guess it must be a suite.

I was confused by the ‘double occupancy’ I see on SOV.

I’m surprised the booking engines dont do a better job of dealing with ‘non-standard’ numbers and allowing customized searches.

thanks again

I just tried it on SOV for Jan 15. It would come up with a quote when I entered ages 55, 55, 12, 9 and 6 and selected ‘double’ from the drop down box. The only tour operators for that date was Nolitours and they obviously treated the 12 year old as a child ($797+tax for each adult and $449+tax for each child).

If its a tour operator that treats 12 as an adult then likely you would enter ‘triple’ into the drop down occupancy box.

You did not give any dates but I ran your scenario through for Feb 21st 2009, sirenis Tropical 1 Bedroom Suite, 2 adults and children 12, 9 & 6. Here is a picture of the online booking costs breakdown. I used the search engine of this company

http://www.travellastminute.ca/tlm/search.shtml

I hope it helps you.

For the scenario I selected, Jan 17
ADULT (2) $ 697.00 $ 308.00 $ 1005.00
AGE 12 (1) $ 499.00 $ 308.00 $ 807.00
AGE 09 (1) $ 499.00 $ 308.00 $ 807.00
AGE 06 (1) $ 499.00 $ 308.00 $ 807.00
GRAND TOTAL $4431.00

I have not heard back from the hotel but it certainly looks like they will accept 3 kids in the suite.

my friends took their 3 boys to Punta Cana and stayed at the Ocean resorts. Kids loved it , they even had a bowling alley. I know she had a hard time too finding someplace that would allow 3 kids to a room.

[quote=@hlywud]You did not give any dates but I ran your scenario through for Feb 21st 2009, sirenis Tropical 1 Bedroom Suite, 2 adults and children 12, 9 & 6. Here is a picture of the online booking costs breakdown. I used the search engine of this company

http://www.travellastminute.ca/tlm/search.shtml

I hope it helps you.[/quote]

thanks very much, yes that site gives the exact same quote as did SOV for the same travel dates

Anybody have any insight on the room code ‘1BDR AI’, specifically the ‘AI’ piece?

thanks

mudman

Sure, AI means All-Inclusive.

I really should have been able to work that out :slight_smile:

thanks

Well, they throw all those crazy acronyms around. It seems intuitively obvious ONCE you catch on, but before that …