Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Adults only in Cuba?

Hi We are looking for a good adults only resort in Cuba. Any Suggestion’s?
RichCinz :wink:

We’re staying at Melia Las Antillas in April, it’s 16+ I can report back later on the status of that resort.

Two of the best Paradisus Rio de Oro (PRDO) in Holguin.
Royal Hideaway Ensenachos (RHE) in Santa Clara.Both terrific resorts, PRDO is older and has a mature class about it. RHE is about 2 or 3 years ols with unbelieveable service. Cheers Dan

The Melia Cayo Coco is advertised as an adult only resort. Seems to have excellent reviews for a four plus resort.

Paradisus Princesa Del Mar
http://www.solmeliacuba.com/cuba-hotel/paradisus-princesadelmar

A former colleague of mine just returned from Paradisus Princesa del Mar in Varadero and raved about it… which made me happy too, considering he chose the place based on my recommendation!

And you definitely can’t go wrong with the Paradisus Rio de Oro!

[quote=@flynnsky]Two of the best Paradisus Rio de Oro (PRDO) in Holguin.
Royal Hideaway Ensenachos (RHE) in Santa Clara.Both terrific resorts, PRDO is older and has a mature class about it. RHE is about 2 or 3 years ols with unbelieveable service. Cheers Dan[/quote]

I believe the RHE is 13 years and older. When we were there were a few young teens so not truely an Adults Only.

Do you have any more criterias?

There is also the Breezes Jibacoa…

We really enjoyed the Melia Cayo Coco.

We’ve been to the Paradisus Princesa del Mar twice and loved it. It’s +18 yrs old. I posted a review on it in May, if you want more details. Also enjoyed Breezes Jibacoa very much.

Not that it matters but RHE opened in Dec 2005, we were there shortly after. Cheers Dan

For a romantic trip, I’ve read on this board that Sandals Hicacos in Varadero is a great spot, but it’s couples only.

We were at RHE in Oct 2005, and it had just opened that year, and still wasn’t fully operational in October…
so it might be a typo, only three yrs old, not thirteen?
:slight_smile:
Karen

We were just at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria. It’s an 18+ resort but very quiet. We loved it!

8-)Melia las Dunas has an adult side and a family side. The adult side has it’s own pool and bar. The only time we saw kids was at the buffet restaurants and never at the a la carts.

You are right AnneM, Sandals is couples only, not adults only, and there is a huge difference between the two criteria.

:slight_smile: There sure is! :-*

We are looking for a nice hotel in Cayo Coco, any suggestions?

[quote=@kharmar]We were at RHE in Oct 2005, and it had just opened that year, and still wasn’t fully operational in October…
so it might be a typo, only three yrs old, not thirteen?
:slight_smile:
Karen[/quote]

When we were there, yes there was a family staying at the resort that had two small children. This was the family of one of the chefs. THey were well behaved children, and you wopuld hardley know they were there. Otherwise, it had been advertised as 13+ years old.