Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Advice on picking all inclusive for June

Hi,
I was hoping there was someone on this site that could recommend an all inclusive resort.
Looking for some un-biased choices. I have never traveled to DR and thought this would be a good way to get some REAL suggestions.
I am a very “picky” traveler. I am looking for a newer resort with the most beautiful beaches on the island. The food has to be top notch and the service friendly. Cleanliness is a must.
Beach, food, and nice pools are my main concerns. I am traveling with my wife and 2 college daughters.
I would appreciate any help with my quest for a "Dream Vacation"
for my family.
Looking forward to your responses.

jimfromboston :slight_smile:

there are beautiful beaches all over the DR but IMHO nothing tops Bavaro beach in Punta Cana some the newest, nicest resorts have opened there in the past few years…check out paradisus palma real, iberostar grand punta cana, majestic elegance, RIU palace, bahia principe ambar, all five star hotels

You can have everything you want as long as you don’t mind paying for it, some of the top resorts are not cheap.

My wife and I (40 somethings) really enjoyed the Excellence resorts…there’s one at the north end of Punta Cana that used to be “Secrets Excellence” but is now just Excellence Punta Cana. A great resort with real good food, very new and clean. I’d have no problem recommending that resort to you, or any of the Excellence properties (there’s a couple in Playa del Carman, Mexico as well).

We also stayed at the RIU Palace Punta Cana which I also enjoyed, but I’d have to rate it a little behind the Excellence property. Note that the beach is a bit rougher in front of the Excellence since it’s located just a bit around the corner of the island (thus exposed a bit more to the ocean side). This has the additional effect of being more isolated from the long string of resorts that is typical of most of Punta Cana. You can walk a long ways to the right as you leave the hotel.

You scared me a bit with your “picky traveller” description, but I cant imagine anyone not liking the Excellence and so am not hesitant about this recommendation.

Good Luck.

Randy

BTW…we’re staying at the Bahia Principe Ambar this year…mainly due to the “adults only” restriction. We’re kid-less by choice and have plenty of nieces/nephews to remind us why we made that choice! LOL.

My husband and I have travelled to many all-inclusives throughout the Carribean and Mexico. We have had good experiences at the Bahia Principe chain & the Melia chain, however have not stayed in either in Punta Cana. Once we found Iberostar Bavaro, we have not returned to any other. We have also tested a second Iberostar in Bayhibe and loved it as well. The cleanliness is the best I’ve experienced, even in hard to keep clean places like the beach/pool/lobby washrooms. While not brand new, it is welll maintained, with the best quality and selection we’ve experienced in the main buffet restaurant. Room renovations are 1 to 3 years old, with the whole property having been refurbished during that time. The staff are the best here also. The pool is a little older but it too has been recently reno’d. A new adults only (and really pricey) Iberostar Grand has recently opened next door in Dec. You would have full run of all 4 Iberostar properties…but for the price give me IBB any day.

I can’t say enough wonderful things about the Melia Caribe Tropical. We had 26 people in our group…we travelled there last month. We all thought it was “a vacation from reality”. Beautiful grounds, rooms, decor and the food was definitely “top notch”. I’d suggest going with the Royal Service option…you will want for nothing. Good luck.

Bahia Principe Ambar section. New, clean, friendly, big rooms, great food and a beach to die for.
Like the whole beach area in PC isn’t to die for.