Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Air Canada

Has anyone had any issues with air canada lately?

Given Air Canada’s rather precarious position right now, I think I’d be inclined to travel with another airline/company. BUT are you talking about a flight on Air Canada or an Air Canada Vacations package?

Here’s a current report on Air Canada’s woes:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090331/air_canada_090331/20090331?hub=CTVNewsAt11

If Air Canada is having problems would this not, also, reflect on Air Canada Vacations since they appear to fly with Air Canada?

http://www.aircanadavacations.com/en/about_air_canada_vacations

I am flying with Air Canada on May 10th to Varadero and am praying there is not a problem. I talked to someone that works for AC and they said it shouldnt be a prfoblem that she had gone thru this be in 2002 as well and there was no issues so that is what I am COUNTING ON

We always fly Air Canada, Caribbean or International. I am not concerned for our ACV trip May 2 or our flight to Zurich June 3.

I really would not worry about it, though I would buy travel insurance now for whatever company I use.

I generally avoid AC because of lousy service and their proclivity to lose baggage. My TA last year suggested Air Transat over AC (at similar prices), saying that Air Transat loses a smaller % of suitcases and has newer planes. That said, AC is up to most North American airline standards (which is not saying much). You will get much better service on Mexicana (and Air France, Thai, Qantas, KLM…) though - all airlines I’ve used recently - for about the same price.

Avoid A/C at all costs, they are a Great Airline if you like no luggage, late flights and poor service. You can count A/C to lose something, Vacations or regular flights. They didn’t get their slogan “WE ARE NOT HAPPY UNTIL YOU ARE NOT HAPPY” for nothing!!!

Sorry to hear about your situation, but I have used Air Canada a few times in the past while and have not had any bad experiences with them. These are domestic flights from Winnipeg with return going to Toronto, Montreal, Halifax(2) and Saskatoon. Every airline has positives and negatives in some way.

We’ve had good luck with Air Canada for years. Haven’t used Rouge yet, though.

Thought I would share something positive. I booked a recent vacation with ACV and the gal that was doing the booking was obviously new and she made two errors…no big deal. I called in to have them corrected and mentioned that I was a bit choked and felt like crying about the price going down…Anyhoo the gal that I was talking to refunded our money for the seats that we booked; so I thought that was very nice and it sure made my day. I honestly was not expecting that and it sure picked my spirits up.

Nice to hear a good news story!

I’ve had good luck with ACV as well some big mistakes were well handled by their airport rep in Cayo Coco a few years ago. Would recommend especially if you are travelling from a smaller city, they have many more connection options.