Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Air trans. seat selection

To day I received my invoice & tickets from my TA ,can someone tell me why Air Trans charges 10 dollers each way extra if you pre-book your seats at the rear of the aircraft in the section there there is 2 seats together.To me this is just a money grab.

If that is an exit row, you are paying for the ‘extra’ leg room available for that spot.

I usually book that exit row with skyservice, and they charge $30 each way per seat…so be glad its only $10 with Air Trans

Everyone charges for seat selection, just the price you have to pay to sit where you want.

And yes, it is a money grab, but like anything thing else… dont want it…dont buy it…

If you want the convenience or require the extra leg space, you wouldnt think twice about paying for it…

We always pre-book our seats for the way home as you never know how many buses will get to the airport before yours and you could be the last in line (and have to sit where ever they put you and not maybe not with the person you are travelling with). Happened to us 2 yrs ago, and if we hadn’t pre-booked we would never have been sitting together we were the last two in line!!!

FYI: Skyservice now charges $35 per seat per flight for the exit rows now and $15 for all other seats.

When we flew Air Trans in May. I paid for our group. $30.00 each way for a regular seat, $35 for the exit rows. I guess the $10 for the 2 seat area is because of the demand so they take advantage of it. It’s worth it in my mind.

[quote=@hula]We always pre-book our seats for the way home as you never know how many buses will get to the airport before yours and you could be the last in line (and have to sit where ever they put you and not maybe not with the person you are travelling with). Happened to us 2 yrs ago, and if we hadn’t pre-booked we would never have been sitting together we were the last two in line!!!

FYI: Skyservice now charges $35 per seat per flight for the exit rows now and $15 for all other seats.[/quote]

Well we just booked ours, and both ways cost us $120 and we are with Skyservice via Sunquest… Same price we paid last year as well.

I just made my seat reservation with Air Transat:

It’s 15$ for a regular seat
35$ for emergency exit or extra leg room seat
25$ for 2x2 seats

I chose the 2x2 because I move a lot…

We are with travelling with Transat Holidays flying Skyservice and it cost us $140.00 total for emergnecy exit row seats…

Guess maybe we smiled more :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I booked the 2x2 seats with air Transat in April this year. I wont go into the whole long storey but will say that on both flights they gave my seats to someone else. They did fix it on the way there but refused to do anything on the way home. I was not impressed with the flight crews attitudes as they were very rude about it. We werent the only people that it happened to either, there were at least 10 other people that pre-booked and didn`t get their seats…