Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Air Transat-Club Class

Another Questions RE: CLUB CLASS; this was not even offered to us at time of booking. Just found out it was even available because of this forum. Would one have to know about this option and ask when booking? I don’t recall the agent asking about an upgrade. Also, what does it cost roughly to upgrade to club class? We leave Sunday so I don’t imagine it’s even possible now; also I pre-booked my seats cause we wanted three together as I previously mentioned on this post…so just curious ?

Thanks everyone.

I don’t think the travel agents ask if you want club class,I think you have to ask…However call Air Transat directly,they will be able to book it for you.Unless like AnneM said they are using westjet(ect) which does not have clubclass.
Ive checked everywhere on the Air Transat website but they don’t show the price of it???They just show what you get when you book it.
Like you not everyone knows about clubclass so your chances are good that you will still get it!!! :slight_smile:

Our friends flew Air Transat Club Class last month when we went down to Cuba for our daughters wedding, it cost each of them $160 return to upgrade, but they felt it was worth every penny. They said the seats were bigger, food better. Only downfall they saw was they had little kids (babies) seated in their section and they said they did not like that

Club Class to Cuba from Toronto is $80 each way…you don’t have to book it both ways. Some people book it just for going down if they want to take lots of stuff…it doubles your weight allowance. You should have no trouble booking it at this point if there are seats left. I’ve always let my TA do the booking for me. IMHO it is worth the upgrade. :smiley: As mentioned, you can only book Club if the carrier actually is Air Transat.

The cost of Club Class differs based on your departure point. Out of Vancouver it is $300.00 return. Availablility can, also, be very limited again based on departure point and flights available. We booked our last trip (Feb.2-16th) back on August 1/08 and at that time ALL the January flights out of Vancouver were sold out for the Club Class seats. The Feb. 2nd departure had 4 seats left so we grabbed two of them and that’s what decided our vacation time period. We really had wanted the last two weeks of January but getting CC was more important than the dates we went down. It was our first time using Club Class and there is no going back to economy for us. For a 6 hour flight (7 coming back) it made both the beginning and ending of our vacation a total pleasure.
We booked specifically with Nolitours just so we could get Club Class seats on Air Transat.

you can upgrade at any time your self even if you used a travel agent you just call air transat toll free number have a credit card ready and your flight time and date and number and book away i have done it that’s how i know

You can also upgrade at the airport if they have any seats left. I’ve done this on impulse when I saw the length of the check in line for coach. :wink:

Like eeefarm we’ve booked CC outbound to Cuba before just for the weight allowance, but the service is great. ;D
This coming trip in April we spoiled ourselves and booked it both ways. It seems that Club Class seats go quite quickly flying out of Vancouver, we booked in September and by mid-December all the Club Class seats on both of our flights were sold out. :o

Thanks to everyone for the information; I love this forum!! Everytime I have a ? I either post a new thread or search it first to see if the answer may already be there. This is our second ever trip to Cuba and my third to someplace warm…(-27 with wind chill here in Winterpeg today), so forums like this one are fantastic for us novices!

I may pass this time around; I’ve prebooked my seats already, and there are three of us; so it’d cost a little to do CC; but there is always next time for sure; I think I’ll look into it!

Thanks again,

We only booked it one way on our way down this Jan because we wanted the extra weight ,however we found it to be so worth it that when we got to Cuba we checked with our rep at the resort to see if there was any available seats for the way back–there was so we booked and paid at Varadero airport.

Okay, we are going to the Dominican in a few weeks. Now, we booked through Tripcentral and we are going through Nolitours.
I asked about flying their Club Class but Tripcentral says that only people who booked through Signature vacations can purchase the upgrade.
So, do I try calling up Skyservice and see if I can purchase this upgrade through them?
I would hate to cold call some company and give them my credit card for something I can even purchase through them.

Well first off I wouldn’t call Skyservice for something about Air transat :wink:

But hey that’s just me :stuck_out_tongue:

When we flew to the dominican we booked booked air transat and they were using skyservice planes however we flew on a plane that was signature—(I know it is confusing) We pre booked our seats on skyservice for the emergency seats (they were great) and there were people who booked thru signature and they upgraded but it is nothing like first class in air transat planes

Quite right. I just recieved our e-tickets and the tour operator is Nolitours but the airline is listed as Skyservice.
So, once again, who do I contact?

[quote=@donnalee401]Quite right. I just recieved our e-tickets and the tour operator is Nolitours but the airline is listed as Skyservice.
So, once again, who do I contact?[/quote]

Skyservice: http://www.skyserviceairlines.com

Aside from preselecting your seat, I’m not sure which type of perk or upgrade is available. Star Class seems available only to Signature customers. As well, please note that you will not get Club Class, that is only available on Transat planes.

Wow it is confusing. We booked through Trip Central; It is a Transat holiday tour; flying on a Skyservice Airline. So actually we wouldn’t be able to upgrade to Club Class either based on that. Maybe that’s why the TA didn’t mention it??

Thanks again everyone!

[quote=@torti]Wow it is confusing. We booked through Trip Central; It is a Transat holiday tour; flying on a Skyservice Airline. So actually we wouldn’t be able to upgrade to Club Class either based on that. Maybe that’s why the TA didn’t mention it??

[/quote]

Yuppers… Im unsure what skyservice has for upgrades but you can always check their website to see!!!Im sure nothing compared to clubclass however :-/

Torti - I’m leaving for Varadero from Winnipeg on March 2 and I’ve upgraded to StarClass…I’ve also flown with Air Transat and upgraded to ClubClass…Club Class was great and we were treated like royality…from what I heard it’s not the same with Star Class…but we needed the extra baggage weight, priority boarding and the leg room…so I’m hoping it’ll be okay…

BlueBomber Girl:

I was only able to reserve seats with Skyservice; there was no mention of Star Class? I had to do it online, pick the seats etc., don’t recall this Star Class and there is no mention of it at all?? How did you find out about it? We leave today at 18:00 from Winnipeg and return home on the 2nd of March!

Thanks

[quote=@torti]BlueBomber Girl:

I was only able to reserve seats with Skyservice; there was no mention of Star Class? I had to do it online, pick the seats etc., don’t recall this Star Class and there is no mention of it at all?? How did you find out about it? We leave today at 18:00 from Winnipeg and return home on the 2nd of March!

Thanks[/quote]

Torti, as mentioned above, Star Class is only offered to people who booked with Signature Vacations. I believe you booked with Transat Holidays, correct?