Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Alcoholic drink suggestion

I have been to the DR several times now. It always takes me a couple of days to get my drink selection down pat. I don’t like sweet drinks. I usually try for something with lemon or lime so its a little sour and ask for no sucra or un poco sucra.
Does anyone have any suggestions.

Presidente!!!

good call but i am not much of a beer drinker

Caipirinha. Just what you are looking for!

don’t drink coconut based drinks…its a natural laxaitve!!! most bars have a drink special of the day anyways…try it you’ll like it

Will they know what i am talking about if i ask for it by name?

I love Caipirinha : 1 crushed lime, lime juice, rum or vodka, 1 tbs sugar (azucar) and ice :slight_smile:

Margaritas and Mojitos are not sweet either.

But after one week of these drinks and chinolas for dessert (passion fruit), I get stomach problems. I then take a lot of Tums and I’m ready to start again ;D

Caipirinha is a Brazilian drink but I’m pretty sure they know about it in DR. I had it at two different resorts in Playa Dorada last year.

thanks to everyone

[quote=@pcgal]I have been to the DR several times now. It always takes me a couple of days to get my drink selection down pat. I don’t like sweet drinks. I usually try for something with lemon or lime so its a little sour and ask for no sucra or un poco sucra.
Does anyone have any suggestions.[/quote]

Want something refreshing…

Ask for a Vodka and leeeemon… NOT LEMONADE

Its awesome…friends of our got us hooked on those… that and of course Presidente!!!

…or anything you make happy!
I love Campari with ice and couple slices of lime. Just before dinner
Not against a Burbon (Jack Daniels or so) for variety.
And on the beach Presidente.
Dinner: red wine - if is a good one.
Mixed ones: NO. Never. I let seating others in toilet.

I do not like the sweet drinks either. For something refreshing and tart, ask for a lime dacquri, a nice slushy refreshing drink in the heat. Or something real simple, vodka/tonic with lime. :sunglasses:

Frozen margarita…no salt…mmmmmmmm!

mojito real yummmmmm lol

I too like vodka or gin with limon ( like a slushy limeade) with a little sprite added for fizz. Got my girlfriend hooked on them. I too like sour drinks. The lime daquaris are great too.

CUBA LIBRE - even if you are going to DR!
Make sure you have some lime on it - those guys use to put just rum, coke and ice >:(

Or gin tonique - very refreshing

Try few different things, after few days you will find your favorite!

Enjoy!

DS

A few years ago we came up with a drink of our own. We named it the Spacey in honor of one of our travel buddies.

Vodka, Amaretto and Pineapple Juice blended. SOOOOOO good!!! You MUST try it!

Cranberry and vodka.