Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

All inclusive help

[span]    Hello there. I am new here so please go easy on me.

I am looking to take my wife of 22 years on our first real vacation.  I am looking to going to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica.  My mother has been to Sandals and Beaches on Jamaica and enjoyed both.  I have been looking and have seen others that interest me.  I understand that with Sandals that selecting at least the “club level” is a must for the benefits it provides.  Sandals resorts seem a little spendy for me.  What would I need to look for in other resorts.  Maybe they call it different names.  For example I am seriously considering the Couples resort Sans-Souci, but want to get the best value from my stay. 

My trip dates would be for a long weekend starting April 22, 2015 and returning 4/26/15.

Thanks for the patience and help.
Chris[/span]

There are a few things to take into consideration first. Do you want to stay in Negril, Montego Bay, Ocho Rios or Runaway Bay etc. What is your budget amount? The airport is in Montego Bay so you can get to a resort in about 30 minutes. The other towns like Negril will be just over a 90 minute shuttle. You are planning for only four days?

Just noticed this post now and I figure that you are already back.:yum: Next time I would suggest the Riu chain, have never stayed there but on the way back to the airport another gal and myself did a potty stop off and of course made a visit to the bar. The Service was excellent and there was a good feel to the hotel. A TripAdvisor friend of mine stayed at the Riu Tropical and that was just excellent.