Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Any advice please

hi,
my hubby and i have booked a holiday to the bahia principe san juan for 2 weeks in june to celebrate our birthdays.
we wanted to get advice about wich trips to do
is the monster truck safari and the jeep safari the same tour
which is best.
we are not really into water sports any other trips we should do
also i have read a lot about tipping and bringing school supplies for children.which i have started buying.
i would be grateful for any advice on other things we should know before we leave

I don’t think monster truck and jeep safari are the same tour. However, just to add to your confusion, I’ve always been partial to Outback Safari.
I’d also go into town, tour the rum factory and the fort, plus take the cable car to the top of the mountain. It’s usually best to do the cable car in the morning as it sometimes clouds over in the afternoon. BTW, you could easily spend hours up there.

IMHO, do not book with the tour operators at the resort. They are overpriced and tell you that they are the only operators who are insured. This is not true.
Walk down to the beach and walk right over the little bridge and stream, and you will see Campo Tours. They are wonderful people with great prices and insured. They actually have a sign out front saying Canadian Embassy—LOL. See if you can get Tinto to be your guide , he is great.

Have fun, and go with an open mind. Great resort and staff.

Jenn, it all depends on what you are into. If you enjoy history, go to Santo Domingo, if you would rather have a day on the ocean take the Sanoa or Catalina tour. The best thing to do is consult your Rep. He or she will recommend the best tours in the area and will book them for you. Have a great holiday, your going to haven on earth! Just my “dos pesos”.

Yes do exactly what captain said and ask for herman he is the boss at campo on the beach and barter he will come down.

[quote=@captain2002]IMHO, do not book with the tour operators at the resort. They are overpriced and tell you that they are the only operators who are insured. This is not true.
[/quote]

Captain, any similar recommendations for the Punta Cana area? We are staying at the Palladium in May.