Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Any info re:Renovations at Iberostar Punta Cana?

We are returning to Punta Cana on Jan. 1st for a week and are staying at the Ibersostar Punta Cana. This is our 1st time at this resort although we have been to Punta Cana 4 times and have stayed at other Iberostars in the Dominican and have been very pleased.
I have heard that the resort is undergoing room renovations. I have read some reviews from guests who have been moved to the adjacent Iberostars. Has anyone been there recently who can update me on what is going on. I had heard that the rooms near the lobby were done. I prefer a room down by the beach but I really don’t want to be vacationing around construction. Any info is greatly appreciated. We’ll be there Jan1.-Jan 8. Thanks

They are renovating all the rooms and hope to be done by the end of the year.

Here’s a link to some pictures of the newly renovated rooms.

http://community.webshots.com/album/566185914ujOfoR

If anyone else has an update on the renos please chime in.

Thanks,
Jason

I had my travel agent contact the resort to see how renovations were going. She was told they were done renovations for the season. I don’t know if this means they have renovated all the rooms or are waiting to finish in the off season. At least it sounds like renovations will not be going on during our stay the 1st of the year. If anyone has any updated info or visits the resort in the next 6 weeks, please post. It is getting cold in Maine and we are looking forward to the warmth of the Dominican Republic and its’ people.