Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Any limit on coffee (customs)

Is there any limit on the amount of coffee you can return to Canada with? A few years ago there was and I have requests from friends to return with lots of coffee beans :slight_smile:

I always bring back 6 to 10 pounds of Santo Domingo coffee and never had a problem at customs. There is nowhere on your declaration sheet for it so I just include it in my total purchases.

We brought stuff for the kids one year and filled up the empty suitcase on our return with coffee and never had a problem.

Long story… the Canadian Custom guy had to check to make sure it was coffee. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve always wondered about this too. We have never brought back “purchased” coffee (only the bags from the room) but we have ALWAYS been questioned by the Customs personnel in Winnipeg whether or not we have purchased coffee.

I’m curious why they always ask us if it’s allowed? ???

because coffee beans can throw off drug sniffing dogs

I think the limit is how much you can carry in your suitcase… Just remember that the excess baggage charge is now $20 for every Kilo over the limit (at least with Skyservice) - makes the coffee really expensive if you go too over board.

Thanks for the reply frodo, good to know… I think :o I honestly had no idea.

Cheers,
Debbie :sunglasses:

Thanks for the reply frodo, good to know… I think :o I honestly had no idea.

Cheers,
Debbie 8-)[/quote]

Don’t you remember seeing that in Beverly Hills Cop…they used coffee beans and grounds to hide the smell of the cocaine from the dogs… lol

I just happen to watch a lot of Discovery Channel…HONESTLY…LOL…

Coming back from Jamaica I brought back a pound of Blue Mountain Coffee for each of my Managers. We did get a lot of strange looks from customs but it was all sealed in the original vaccum sealed bricks so no problems at all.

errrrr, I just brought back 20 pounds of coffee, as I always do ::slight_smile:
No problem.

[quote=@never2hot]errrrr, I just brought back 20 pounds of coffee, as I always do ::slight_smile:
No problem.[/quote]

Did you have any clothes with you? ;D
We’re only allowed 20kg to begin with for 2 weeks :o

[quote=@debinatore][quote=@never2hot]errrrr, I just brought back 20 pounds of coffee, as I always do ::slight_smile:
No problem.[/quote]

Did you have any clothes with you? ;D
We’re only allowed 20kg to begin with for 2 weeks :o[/quote]
haha! The clothes were wrapped around my bottles of rum ::slight_smile:
We fly club class so we have 40kg each, thats for the coffee :stuck_out_tongue: