Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Anyone know what's up?

So Eddie had posted that the sites were being shut down as of Feb 1st, well it’s now Feb 1st, the sites are up and the rambling post about shutting down is gone.

Happy to see that it’s all up and running but does anyone know what happened?

Bryan here is what I know so far, debbies website and forum have been released by eddie and will have a new owner,very few details are known other then that, will myself and the rest of the Mods stay as is,I dont know

but as for now Debbies status remains unchanged , but with promises of changes for the better

I want to thank Eddie and wish him well in his future endeavours…

The sites have been purchased by a great guy who didn’t want them to go. Eddie just told the staff and Mods and Zee will make an announcement shortly. Good News!

So glad to hear that Debbies is still active!!!

Hula

Zee wasn’t going to let BTBCF lose a sponsor, either. He’s just found out about us and is pretty impressed.

I would like to introduce myself to all of you!
My name is Zee and recently I opened ForumCuba.com . I am traveler just like all of you who loves to spend time on the forums and enjoys traveling to exotic countries and sharing experiences with others. By the way I am proudly Canadian and even I was not born in Canada this country became my permanent home for 20 years. First time 1999 I went to Cuba and since then I have traveled to Cuba more than 30 times. I am just like many of you someone who enjoy traveling to Caribbean countries. I am proud father of 2 young kids and my lovely wife happened to be Cuban.

I would like to thank all of you for being loyal to this forum for so many years. You are the ones who made this community valuable and worth something that should not be deleted just like that over the night. I have heard many stories since Eddie announced that he will close forum and websites. Stories such as that this forum helped organize many helpful and humanitarian organizations such as “Beyond the Beach Children’s Foundation” members who help run orphanages and schools in DR and other goodwill organizations. My life was not always easy. I lived through war many times without food and good sleep or clothes at young age. I am always thankful to Canada for giving me a chance to live better life so I should give a chance to kids in Dominican Republic at least by keeping this forum up and running with your support.

In today’s world of big corporations and one company takes it all might work for some but not for all of us. I believe in competition and good hearts of the people on this forum to make it better than ever. If you have any suggestions please let me know. You can send me a PM and I will make sure that this forum grows and stays attractive to new members.

I wish to thank everyone who posted on this forum because you are the ones who made this forum the best on the Internet. On my end I will make sure it stays that way. We will together make Debbie’s forum number 1 again!

Sincerely,
Zee

Thanks for stepping in, Zee.
I really appreciate what you’ve done and I’m sure our directors at the Beyond the Beach Children’s Foundation feel the same.
The kids need our help and we needed you to help too.
Best wishes on your new venture.

[quote=@spunky]Thanks for stepping in, Zee.
I really appreciate what you’ve done and I’m sure our directors at the Beyond the Beach Children’s Foundation feel the same.
The kids need our help and we needed you to help too.
Best wishes on your new venture.
[/quote]

I fully agree with you spunky and wish the new owner every success in his new venture…Bill McKee

Welcome Zee! I can confidently say on behalf of all the Beyond The Beach Children’s Foundation directors that we are thrilled to see these worthy sources of information remain active! Good luck with the new venture!

Zee - thank you so much for stepping up to the plate and keeping Debbie’s going.

Beyond the Beach Children’s Foundation had it’s start here and it was thru our love of the DR and a wish to help out that several of us got together and came up with the concept. From the beginning, everyone was so supportive.

We look forward to many more years of help, advice and support!

Olive Thompson, President
Beyond the Beach Children’s Foundation
… Currently in the DR making donations due to everyone’s generosity…

Thank you guys for warm welcome !

Zee, the Moderators on this DR forum need to know they are still watching over us and catching spam.
I know you do this on our forumcuba.com site but want everyone to know the security is still in place.
Thanks again for doing this.

Thank you Zee for taking on this new venture & seeing that our beloved Forum remains open. Over the past few years, we’ve seen many of our “friends” leave this site & that is a shame. We need to make this Forum stimulating again…a place where vacationers WANT to come to get their questions answered or give their opinion about their holiday.

We look forward to working with you & are anxious to see what great things you have in store for Debbie’s Dominican Travel.
~Ruth~

Thank you mra for your support and yes tell all your friends that we are here to stay for good! mra as you can see in less than 6 hours I got access to the forum I changed look and we have our logo on the top of the forum. I will do everything to make this forum refreshing and entertaining for all of us!

Mods please lets keep spam out of the forum and keep deleting those spammers!

Thank you Zee

Well good news about the forum. I just wish to thank everyone that has moderated over the years as well as contributed their info. I first came to this forum to learn from others and it helped tremendously. Hope it gets back to what it was and gets bigger.

Steve

ZEE… welcome aboard … and thanks for coming onboard

looking forward to the changes and having Debbies as a place to come for sharing, discussing and banter

Welcome Zee. Hopefully together we can restore Debbie’s to its former glory or better. I’m currently in transit home from two weeks in the DR and somewhat unhappy on how I found out about all this. Then again, I haven’t checked my email in two weeks either :slight_smile:
Yes, I have some suggestions on how to make things better and to give the moderators the tools they require to do their job.

Thank you Spunky, byerbill, bryan, dot, mra, Debbie from Winnipeg, steeve, northernale1, BobFromCanada for your warm welcome and please PM me your suggestions how to make this forum better than ever.

cheers
Zee

Just got an e-mail
’I would like to introduce myself to all of you!
My name is Zee and recently I opened ForumCuba.com . I am traveler just like all of you who loves to spend time on the forums and enjoys traveling to exotic countries and sharing experiences with others. By the way I am proudly Canadian and even I was not born in Canada this country became my permanent home for 20 years. First time 1999 I went to Cuba and since then I have traveled to Cuba more than 30 times. I am just like many of you someone who enjoy traveling to Caribbean countries. I am proud father of 2 young kids and my lovely wife happened to be Cuban.

I would like to thank all of you for being loyal to this forum for so many years. You are the ones who made this community valuable and worth something that should not be deleted just like that over the night. I have heard many stories since Eddie announced that he will close forum and websites. Stories such as that this forum helped organize many helpful and humanitarian organizations such as “Beyond the Beach Children’s Foundation” members who help run orphanages and schools in DR and other goodwill organizations. My life was not always easy. I lived through war many times without food and good sleep or clothes at young age. I am always thankful to Canada for giving me a chance to live better life so I should give a chance to kids in Dominican Republic at least by keeping this forum up and running with your support.

In today’s world of big corporations and one company takes it all might work for some but not for all of us. I believe in competition and good hearts of the people on this forum to make it better than ever. If you have any suggestions please let me know. You can send me a PM and I will make sure that this forum grows and stays attractive to new members.

I wish to thank everyone who posted on this forum because you are the ones who made this forum the best on the Internet. On my end I will make sure it stays that way. We will together make Debbie’s forum number 1 again!
Please join us at URL: http://debsdrtravels.proboards.com

Sincerely,
Zee ’