Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Arrival Sirenis Cocotal

Just a great resort form what we can see after one day. Never seems crowded. For soccormom, no creperie, 90 dollars for two or 45 dollars for one and 15 to 20 min for the parasail and you can hang a clothsline between the lattice work between room balconoys.
Staff are A1. Hope this is helpful to all.

That might explain why we’ve been there a “few” times. :o

We were there last year and loved it!

Make sure you head out to the left side of the ocean where the reef is…Tons of fish to feed. We saw whales way out there as well.

Enjoy!

cathy2004, I see that you have been to the Ocean Blue and Sirenis, we went to the Ocean Blue in Jan. 2008, and are thinking of Sirenis for December 2009, we have two children 13 and 14, since we now have to pay adult price for the kids the Sirenis is more affordable, how do the two resorts compare, we really enjoyed the Ocean Blue. I like the idea of a seperate bedroom since my 13 year old takes forever to get ready, I figure it will keep her out of the washroom as much

Hey Aurora, thanks so much, was thinking of you this morning knowing you were already there :stuck_out_tongue: Too bad about creperie…my son will be disappointed…is there any at breakfast? Also, what is size of safes? Hubby has a lens for his camera he is thinking about bringing…but it is large (to take pictures of those whales cathy2004 ;D) just wondering if worth the risk. Thanks for price of parasailing…and there is deposit charge for safe…correct?? Is there a golfing range of some sort?? Have a beer for me please…and thanks again. Can hardly wait!!! Cathy :slight_smile:

There is (or was) a gal making crepes at the beach club on the Cocotal side at lunch and in the afternoon. I would assume that that station is still there.
There is a golf range of sorts, but it’s a bad joke. You just drive into a net that’s about 10 ft in front of you.

what about the size of the safe Bob??? and Dylan wants to bring his soccer ball…my daughter is sick of soccer and wants no part of it. Is it worth him bringing or will there be enough other stuff to do…he can stand and do tricks and juggle for hours. ::slight_smile: Cathy

Our safe was one of the mechanical type with a key & lock set that fits into the safe door. I didn’t measure, but I’d estimate that the safe was about 12" wide, 6" high and about 8" deep. It’s likely that the lens might fit. Personally, I never bothered locking my camera(s) in the safe. I just stored them out of sight.
Whales eh? ::slight_smile:

As far as the soccer ball goes, your call. They don’t weigh much and it won’t take much room deflated, but then you need to figure out how to fill it again.

yes, Whales…the other Cathy said she saw some… :o Dylan
was going to bring his pump…daughter says it can be considered a weapon ( can you tell she is sick of soccer??) as for the chess and beach volleyball…what other sports are there? Sure hope the creperie is there…waiting for Aurora to check back in. :sunglasses:

[quote=@soccermom]Dylan
was going to bring his pump…daughter says it can be considered a weapon ( can you tell she is sick of soccer??) [/quote]
Well I wouldn’t put the pump in my carry on. I got enough questions about the fish scale …

Ha, no worries!! :stuck_out_tongue:

The whales were pretty far out there, but you can see them if you watch. You would have to have a good zoom on your camera to get pictures…thats if they were out there.

matfel, We haven’t been to Ocean Blue yet, we leave to go down Sunday morning for 2 weeks. I can tell you, we enjoyed Sirenis Cocotal very much. Their staff has been the best I have seen anywhere, they were absolutely wonderful. The sand was not as white but other then that it was beautiful. The food was excellent, we did not have one complaint. We would go back there in a heart beat.

Cathy, I think Dylan will be so busy playing water polo and games he won’t even think about Soccer. There is always something going on for the kids to do. He will be busy. All the kids staying there spent the afternoon playing ball by the fountain in the pool.

Bob… My husband spotted the whales, out in the ocean. The whole beach was watching them. The guys at the boat rental went nuts running up and down the beach trying to drum up business to go out and see them. ::slight_smile:

Thanks Cathy2004, now I see that you haven;t gone, sorry, I am sure you will have a great time, let me knowwhen you get back how the two resorts compare, we dont; ask for a lot, clean resort with a friendly staff, decent food, thats about it, have fun at Ocean Blue

matfel…

I will be sure to post a review when I get back. :slight_smile:

Soccermom… I am wondering if we saw the whales because we were there when the swells were so big last year. We had never seen them before and by Bob’s comment and the rolling eyes I am thinking it must have been a rare event… even being that far up the coast.

Hey Aurora…Hoping you have not checked in recently because you are having a fabulous time and enjoying the weather. Looking forward to another update soon!!! Cathy ::slight_smile:

Where oh where has Aurora gone??? Hoping for another check in. Hope all is well. If you do check in…as for internet…what is cost and do you use up all your time at once or can you carry over. We want to check in with few people when we arrive, and then a few other times during the week. thanks
Cathy

Internet costs 7 US dollars for 30 min or 12 for 60 min and is very fast. WiFi is free in the lobby for surfing the net only. For 7 dollars a day you can get a password which allows you to get hotmail,yahoo and AOL on your laptop. 50 dollars for a weeks worth.

[quote=@aurora1]Internet costs 7 US dollars for 30 min or 12 for 60 min and is very fast. WiFi is free in the lobby for surfing the net only. For 7 dollars a day you can get a password which allows you to get hotmail,yahoo and AOL on your laptop. 50 dollars for a weeks worth.
[/quote]
You can surf the net, but hotmail and yahoo are blocked??? ::slight_smile:

Good to hear back from you…what is the weather like? and everything else…really hope you are having a fabulous time!!! Cathy
thanks for internet info!!