Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Back from GTD Wild Card Holiday

We got back this morning from our 3 star “wild card” holiday, having paid $229 + $270 tax pp. Upon arrival at the airport we were assigned to the Hotetur Dorada Club in the Playa Dorada Complex. Our clean and very quiet second floor suite (large bedroom, huge living room with hide-a-bed couch & dining area, bathroom and furnished balcony) with ocean view was a nice treat. Beach area was lovely. Food was acceptable…always something one could eat. Great value for our dollars. Will write a more complete review later.

3 star wild card vacationers were assigned either the Hotetur Dorada Club or Camino del Sol in Cabarete. 4 star assignments were at Blue Bay Getaway and Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa.

GTD got us to the DR & back in a timely fashion. Only drawback was having a 3 AM flight home which made for a very looooooooooooooong last day. Thankfully we had access to a courtesy room after the official noon checkout.

It looks like you got a great deal for your money. After all how could you go wrong with that price. So glad you had a good time and looking forward to your review :sunglasses:

Hi escapewinter and thanks…We are going on the 18th of feb and we have the 4* option and i got it for 1504.00 all taxes in, for 2 so i feel i got a good deal. I hope you had a great time,and it sounds like you did!!
As you did I will post when i get back, and you had great weather to i believe. Luckily we don’t have the red eye flight, but we do have to stop on PC for a while…ahhhhh

Looking into that to, but GTD says they have no Wild Cards for April departures as of yet.

Returner, just keep watching the site for the deals and sign up for their newsletter for alerts.