Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bahia Principe Ambar location and questions

Can someone clear something up for me. I used to be able to view the Bahia hotels website by using this address www.bahia-principe.com and every time I use that I get re-directed to www.bahiaprincipeusa.com what’s up with that?! They’re not an american company.

Anyways my question is the descriptions of where the Bahia Principe Ambar location is TOTALLY different than the address of the Bahia Principe Punta Cana and the Bahia Principe Bavaro. Aren’t all three of these resorts next door to each other??

Please someone clear this up for me and maybe provide me a website to view with accurate information.

Also a friend of mine’s daughter is wanting to get married at the Bahia Principe Punta Cana or Bavaro and my friend wants to stay on the Ambar side so she’s trying to do some research. I’ve always had such great help on this website I thought I would try here.

Last time I stayed at the Bahia Principe Punta Cana we were upgraded to the new villas that I thought were gonna be part of the Ambar side but it wasn’t ready yet. I think we were in villa block 60 or 61 but I can’t remember for sure…and that was back in January 2007.

Also can someone direct my friend with some good online resources about destination weddings in Punta Cana.

Thanks!! Joanne

Hi Joanne

The web site, www.bahiaprincipeusa.com is the correct one to use.
Your right when you say all 3 resorts are right beside each other. The Ambar section is close to the beach beside the main pool area. There are some good aerial photo’s of the resort on Trip Advisor. If you were in block 60 or 61 last time there, you most likely were in the Ambar section. It had just opened then.
There are lot’s of great wedding reviews right here on this site for you friend to look at. I would highly recommend the Bahia. We went there in May of 08 for my son’s wedding. Everything went smoothly.
Enjoy your trip.