Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bahia Principe Ambar Pictures

We recently spent 2 glorious weeks at the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar. . . from Feb. 13 - 27. I finally have my very large album of pictures posted, which you can view at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/eddicat

There is a slideshow option, which is a nice way to view them!

Enjoy!!

Cat

Gorgeous photos Cat - TFS. Can’t wait to go there at the end of the month - even though we’re staying on the Bavaro side, I’m sure it’ll be beautiful too!!!

Went for my first tanning session today, so I’m getting excited. ;D

Great pics Cat. We are heading there in September. Can’t wait. Will have your pics to look at to help pass the time until then.

Sherri . . . some of the photos of the restaurants were on the Bavaro side. The resort is beautiful. . . the beach is gorgeous. . . you will have a wonderful time!!!

Cat

great photos…makes me wish we were going sooner!!:slight_smile:

[quote=@cat2]Sherri . . . some of the photos of the restaurants were on the Bavaro side. The resort is beautiful. . . the beach is gorgeous. . . you will have a wonderful time!!!

Cat[/quote]

So if we could only get into a few a la cartes, which ones were your absolute favorite? Did you reserve them before you got to BPA? If so, how did you reserve in advance - email?

Loved the photo with the “Happy Anniversary” done in the towels on your bed. Did you let them know ahead of time that it was your anniversary? Dh & I are taking this trip in celebration of our 25th, so was just wondering how you let them know.

Hi Sherri! We did reserve 5 a la cartes ahead of time by email. I just told them the restaurants I wanted to try, and that we would like a time of 7 - 7:30, and this was done for us. We also mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary at the same time.

Albania replied to us. . . here is the email address I used: ventas2bppuj@bahia-principe.com

She forwarded our dinner reservations to someone else. . . who also got back to us with confirmation. Customer service was excellent!!

Cat

Thanks so much. :slight_smile: I’ll send off an email.

[quote=@cat2]Hi Sherri! We did reserve 5 a la cartes ahead of time by email. I just told them the restaurants I wanted to try, and that we would like a time of 7 - 7:30, and this was done for us. We also mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary at the same time.

Albania replied to us. . . here is the email address I used: ventas2bppuj@bahia-principe.com

She forwarded our dinner reservations to someone else. . . who also got back to us with confirmation. Customer service was excellent!!

Cat[/quote]

OH SHerri. . . you asked which restaurants were our favourites! It’s hard to pinpoint a favourite. . . I think that would be the Don Pablo Gourmet in the Ambar. . . .but we also REALLY enjoy Il Capriccio Italian. . . I think in the Bavaro. . . and the Garden Grill… . . can’t remember if it’s in the Bavaro or the Punta Cana. I also hear that the Barbq grill was great. . . never made it there! I can honestly say that all the restaurants we tried were good. Oh yes. . .we enjoyed the Japanese too! Such choices!! Wish I was heading back!!! :wink:

Cat

:slight_smile: I really +enjoyed going through your pictures Cat. We were at the Ambar last November but for only a week. This is one resort that I would consider returning to as resort wise I felt like we had the best of both worlds with both the quietness of the Ambar and the activities of the Grand Bahia.

I totally agree with you about that, Milli08!! We found the beach and pools for the other sections to be soooooo crowded… . . it was nice to escape back to the quiet of the Ambar. The restaurants in the other sections didn’t seem congested though. . . it was nice to be able to enjoy such a variety of a la cartes!

Cat

Cat

I really enjoyed those pics. Fantastic.

Is there anybody who has experienced this resort in the summer months. I realize that it is hot but what sort of temps are we talking. I have seen around 31 during the day and 25 at night but I was wandering if people found it bearable as a summer holiday.

Steve ???

I sent an email to the addy Cat gave me and requested 2 a la cartes, and said that any of the nights we were there would be fine, between 6 - 7:30, if possible. (I need to eat at a reasonable hour as I’m diabetic and it’s not so good if I don’t eat supper until 9 or 10 at night).

Here’s the email response I got back from Marcela Valerio: “Regarding to your dinner request unfortunately, the system requires the room numbers which we won’t have confirmed until arrival in order to proceed with the a la carte reservations. Therefore we would like to ask you kindly to see our Guest Service after your arrival.”

So perhaps it’s only “Ambar” guests that can make reservations prior to going to the resort. ::slight_smile: I guess we’ll have to see how busy the resort is, whether we get into either of the 2 a la cartes while we’re there. :frowning:

What’s the chance of us getting a “king size bed” when it’s requested? When I asked about that in the email, they just said “In response to your kind request I would like to inform that it is subject to availability. I did add a note in your file reservation and please feel sure that we will accommodate you as best as we can to make your stay with us unforgettable”. Not gonna be too much of a second honeymoon if we get the single/twin beds. Although I guess it sure will be cozy sleeping double in a single bed.

Well, gonna stay positive and hope for the best.

[quote=@cat2]Hi Sherri! We did reserve 5 a la cartes ahead of time by email. I just told them the restaurants I wanted to try, and that we would like a time of 7 - 7:30, and this was done for us. We also mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary at the same time.

Cat[/quote]

Advance and umlimited booking is only for the Ambar - correct. And that is the standard response you will get concerning room requests. After all they can’t move someone else from a room to make room for a new guest.

I totally understand that they’re not gonna move someone else from a room to accommodate a new guest ::slight_smile: I wouldn’t expect that anywhere, nor was I asking that. I guess I was thinking that since this trip has been booked and paid for 6 months ago and our travel agent made the king size request for us - it’s only 2 weeks away now, so I thought they might have some idea of people coming into Sunwing rooms on the 31st. Apparently not.

Rest assured that it won’t be a single. It will either be a queen, or at the worst, a double. Plenty of room for two. So your stay with them won’t be “unforgettable” for that reason.

We only have a double at home, so that’d be fine. The Sunwing site shows the Jr. Suite at the Gran Bahia Bavaro as “Junior Suite with 1 King or 2 Twin beds”. Oh well, not gonna worry about it - we’ll see what happens when we get there.

Was looking at your pics. again Cat - can’t wait to get there!!