Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bahia Principe San Juan questions

Hola!

My BF and I are going to be staying at this resort from December 26-Jan 2. Wooooooohoooooooo! The price was right.

I have had a travel agent friend that has stayed there tell me that we should request a room at either end of the resort, as those areas are quiete. I believe the sections are Diamond or Gold???

We booked our trip online in Canada, through Bel-Aire travel. Tour operator is Air Canada Vacations.

Do I contact the hotel directly to discuss an upgrade? Do I contact Bel-Aire travel?

Does anyone have advice on how much this will cost to upgrade for a week?

Also, which a la carte restaurants do you recommend?

We would rather not stay around the main section of the complex.

[quote=@beachnut]Hola!

My BF and I are going to be staying at this resort from December 26-Jan 2. Wooooooohoooooooo! The price was right.

I have had a travel agent friend that has stayed there tell me that we should request a room at either end of the resort, as those areas are quieter. I believe the sections are Diamond or Gold???
.[/quote]

Would recommend Diamond section over Golden. Beach is wider at that end. It is closer to Beach Snack Bar and it has its own buffet restaurant which is much better than the main buffet. Smaller, quieter and food seemed to always be at proper temperature. Found that many of the Golden sections rooms smelled of oil from the hydro generator. Have a great trip…

hi will be there dec 31 for 7 days and have been there once before.very nice resort you can e mail the resort like i did but i was told a upgrade to diamond would cost 30.00 per person per day if it was available. they said to ask when you check in. the restuarant we liked the best this spring was the mexican the others were ok

I stayed there in April 07, loved it! We were in a regular run of house room, honestly I prefered that to the golden or diamond section, although we got a good building location.We were in building G1, it was very central to everything in the resort. Close to the beach, lobby, pool, restuarants. It really came in handy on the one day it rained to be near everything. As far as the rooms themselves go I think they are all pretty much the same, theyre just spread out in different sections. The beach by the diamond section is definately nicer than the golden but you can walk the beach and set down anywhere, so it really doesnt matter.
The resort is great, you`ll love it no matter where you end up!

Just got back from our daughter’s wedding at the Bahia San Juan. There were 20 of us. Stayed in D-6 section. It was close enough to everything. When you are on holidays - what’s the rush? We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Weather could of been better, but can’t do anything about that.

Hi We went to the Bahia in January of 2008. It was absolutely beautiful - staff, food and beach were excellent. This was our first trip to the Dominican and are heading back in 3 weeks only this time we are going to the Grand Oasis Punta Cana as we wanted to be able to go on the zip lines.

We would definately go back to the Bahia another time.

How long and how rough is the bus ride to/from the airport?
Are there scheduled stops along the way?

[quote=@spunky]How long and how rough is the bus ride to/from the airport?
Are there scheduled stops along the way?[/quote]
It’s not particularly rough.
The trip is about an hour.
If you mean scheduled stops for washroom, then I’d say no. You may or may not stop at other hotels to drop off passengers. It depends on the destination mix that day. If you do, the stop is just long enough to load/unload passengers and luggage.

The bus ride is also a great look at the countryside if you travel during the day. You pass through Sosua, Cabarete and the wonderful little town of Gaspar Hernandez along the way. You will also get some breathtaking views of the ocean. Our ride to the resort was 75 minutes, with stops at two other resorts along the way. The return trip to the airport was 90 minutes because we stopped at the same resorts, but also got slowed down by road construction in Cabarete.