Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bahia Principe San Juan - what to do

My hubby and I are headed here on April 16th; I realize that this resort is somewhat isolated, but we were wondering if there is anything to do either on the resort or off the resort? We have never left Canada before, so we are quite excited and will take any advice, tips, etc. THANKS :slight_smile:

Hi natneddie,
Six couples in our group are going there March 16.
Watch for a review when we get back.

Hey Spunky, our two families are also going to the BPSJ March 16th. See you there! We have kids in grades 4, 6, 8 that will be looking to make new friends to hang out with while we’re there.

Can’t wait!!! ;D

We just returned from our second visit to the Bahia Principe San Juan and we can assure you we were never bored. There is always something going on. The entertainment staff normally begin activities around the pool area by noon and continue into the night, concluding with their stage shows. There is tennis, miniature golf, an exclusive street of interesting shops, pools, bars and an ocean to keep you busy. There are also various daytime excursions available including the popular safari, ATV’s, horses and dune buggies which travel into the mountains for a three hour thrill ride.

The resort is huge and as nssunlovers said there is always something going on. You can always grab a cab and go off on your own to one of the near by towns and there are all kinds of excursions offered. Dont worry you wont be bored!

See this thread too:
http://debsdrtravels.proboards47.com/index.cgi?board=Poparea&action=display&thread=10887

My husband and I always hitch a ride out to the highway and grad a guagua to go to the nearby towns, Rio San Juan, Cabarete, Sosua. Love to wander around and check out the local flavour of the area. Ride is very cheap and safe. Enjoy!

Rio San Juan is a neat little town to explore for a few hours