Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bahia Principe SJ... Beer?

Does anybody know if the beer they have at this resort is “El Presidente” or is it that other stuff "vice " presidente??? Thanks for any replies!! 25 days to go!!!

The beer that was there when we went 2 years ago was the Quesquya. I think that’s how you spell it. It certainly was not comparable to the Presidente beer. Maybe it will taste better after a few other drinks…lol
Have a great time at Bahia just the same ! :slight_smile:

The tap beer is awful. The canned beer in the rooms is OK. However, for that blissful moment of enjoying the wonderful El Presidente, you can buy it in the resort gift shop. During our last visit, it was $2 per bottle or can. Larger bottles are also available.

For the record, it’s not “El Presidente”, but “Presidente”.
There is no “El” part.

Oh NO. I leave next week for this resort and never thought ot ask this question before hand. In over a dozen trips to the DR, I have never stayed at a resort without Presidente. I might of re considered this booking.
Bob , you better save me some on the 25th,
Greg

Hola,

The BPRSJ serves Quisqeya, the world’s worst beer!!!. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: The more you drink, the worse it tastes. It is truly vile, incredibly bad; no two bottles taste the same! :o :o Just thinking about it makes me want to hurl. You can buy Presidente (yum) in the lobby store. My advice is to avoid it like the plague and stick to the rum, which regrettably is the economy brand (Columbus) distilled by either Brugal or Barcelo. The BP’s policy of going cheapy, cheapy, cheapy on booze and beverages is one of the reasons I would never go back and am hesitant to visit other Bahia resorts. Oh yeah, if you happen to spill any on your skin or get any in your eyes, make sure to rinse under cold water for at least five minutes. It is toxic! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=@greggy]Oh NO. I leave next week for this resort and never thought ot ask this question before hand. In over a dozen trips to the DR, I have never stayed at a resort without Presidente. I might of re considered this booking.
Greg[/quote]

You will definitely be longing for a Presidente when you get to Playa Dorada M&G after dinking the pisqeya.
I will be sure to have a few for you at the Palladium and some great after dinner drinks at Hemingways

[quote=@greggy]…
Greg[/quote]
It’s OK, the brewery put on a second shift … :o