Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bar Drinks - A.I. Resorts - Cuba

T%he better resorts have premium spirits. Do Not go to the bar or waiter and ask for Scotch with sprite - Ask for the brand you enjoy such as Jameson - sprite - ice. Same for Cuban spirits.

That is great idea for people that love to have drinks that they drink in Canada. I prefer when I travel to have local drinks and to experience taste of local food and drinks. Do you drink Cuban drinks on your trips to Cuba or you like brand such as you mentioned Jameson - sprite - ice?

I like Jamesons - cost in B.C. - 750 ml $ 35.00 - abit above my budget. Even for local rum drinks ask by brand.

[quote=@cubakingone]I like Jamesons - cost in B.C. - 750 ml $ 35.00 - abit above my budget. Even for local rum drinks ask by brand.
[/quote]

For local drinks rum I always ask one that I like as white rum is not something that I like on the rocks :smiley:

Paradisus Rio de Oro Royal Service (five star hotel) has all the classic high end international liquors.

I like Cuban rum and stick with that, or after dinner I like Crema Catalan or Millwoods (Bailey’s type of drink).

MRDO charges extra for the top imported brands.

Our lovely little 3 star Playa Blanca has Jameson Irish as regular bar stock. No extra charge.
A very nice touch on St Paddy’s last week.

There is a charge at PRDO for the VERY top brands, those that are usually not even available in some bars. One example that I can remember is Johnny Walker Blue ($299/bottle here in Ontario). I think they were charging 8 CUC’s for a shot.

[quote=@spunky]Our lovely little 3 star Playa Blanca has Jameson Irish as regular bar stock. No extra charge.
A very nice touch on St Paddy’s last week.[/quote]

How was St Paddy’s last week in Playa Blanca. Did they have any green Bucanero or they served Cristal in cans?

Lot’s of green but mostly in the clothes and hats. People dressed up for the evening show and it was a busy spot for a couple of hours after.
It takes a lot to keep early beach walkers up late.

People had lots of fun on St Paddy’s. Saw a number of people dressed up in green. I noticed 2 fine gentlemen with strange green hats having a great time. Even went on stage and put on quite the dancing moves.

Nice to hear that there was nice st. paddy’s day celebration in Cayo Largo :slight_smile: