Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Barcelo Bungalow?

Okay, I’ve read up a bit thru here (love this forum) about the bungalows at Barcelo Solymar. Just wondering if there are any bungalows with an oceanview. And, the bungalows are the smaller green squares on the map, right? Also are all the bungalow 2 levels? Anyone stay in a certain bungalow they would recommend?? Thanks hope to see some of you there.

Rhonda

Rhonda, welcome to the forum!

When we vacationed at the Solymar, they considered bungalow rooms to be both the two storey ones you’re referring to AND ALSO the two level buildings which we found were just like a standard room (except older).

Looking at the Solymar layout map, at this link:- http://family.webshots.com/photo/1125749535035014968tNKUdg rooms in buildings #21, 27, 35, 32, 31 were also considered bungalow rooms. Our first room was in the main building, directly above the disco (and waaay too noisy, so we were transfered to a bungalow room in #21 on the first floor.

If you’re wanting one of the two storey bungalows , I’d chose #24 or 23 as they are closer to the walkways that lead to the beach.

Ah, yes I was thinking 24. Great. I’m going to try for 2nd floor – less buggy. Thanks again for all the great info. Is there a cigar lounge there? I don’t smoke but looooove the smell (odd duck that I am).