Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Barcelo Punta Cana - Barcelo Dominican?

Ok folks, I am confused. Are the Barcelo Punta Cana and the Barcelo Dominican beside each other? Of the two, which is the nicer? I am trying so hard not to be influenced by reviews but am having a hard time getting past certain comments. We are thinking of going just after Christmas for a week. Two older adults (me) and our two kids (early twenties). Can anyone tell me about the New Year’s gala’s at these resorts in the past?

How far a walk on the beach is the Barcelo Punta Cana from the RIU complex? (time required)

the 2 barcelos are far apart . From Barcelo PC to first Riu about 20 min; you pass Grand Paradise Bavaro, the Majestic Colonial/Elegance, then 50 yds of open space, then Gran Bahia, then Riu…

Barcelo Dominican is the old Ocean Bavaro resort …right in el cortecito…nice compact resort with a great spa and pool area but i think Barcelo PC is the nicer property

The Barcelo Punta Cana is the former Breezes beside the Grand Paradise. That’s not 3 hours walk by the beach, maybe less than one hour to the Riu.

3 hrs???
like written in the first post of resonses, it is a 20-25 minutes beach stroll from the barcelo premium punta cana to the riu resort, the barcelo dominican beach (former ocean bavaro) is far away for a walk located as the second hotel south of el cortecito.
Mike