Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Barcelo punta cana

wow, it seems like forever since i have been on this site! It’s changed a lot! Well this march we are looking into finally goign back to p.c. ( last visit was 07… we are looking into barcelo punta cana. It is one of the affordable ones for us ( besides the vik) and the water park caught my sons eye! So what can anyone tell me about this place? What are the reg rooms like with nolitours as that is who we are traveling with. They only show reg or OV rooms, no superior or club. to go with Transat for a superior prestige room it’s 570 more $$$ not sure if that is worth it at all? never mind it brings the price up quite a bit out of my budget and close to other resorts, that i probaly would book over this one… what can you tell me ? thx for any imput you can give me. ( oh BTW my 7 year old is celiac, do you think this will be a issue at this resort eating gluten free?)

lin7604 …we just returned from the Barcelo Punta Cana (Nov 10-17) & spent a wonderful week on the beach. We flew with Transat Vacations & had a room in the Club Premium section. Unfortunately, we didn’t see any of the rooms in the Nolitours section, but I am told that that area is a little older & may need a spruce up. The resort is beautiful, well laid out with gardens and walkways that make it quite easy to get around. The Barcy Kids’ area is fantastic & they have fun on the slides etc. There is also a rock climbing wall & a trapeze…I do not know the ages of availability though, sorry. The beach is awesome & you can walk for quite a while…to the left is Hard Rock & to the right is the new Royalton/Memories Splash (still being worked on for a December 1st opening, which I don’t think they’ll meet). btw…this beach does have 2 Lifeguards on duty & we saw Security on horseback too !!

We were not very impressed with the food in the main buffet, as it seemed very repetitive…I was glad that our evening meals had been pre-booked for the a la carte restaurants. Even the lunch time food in the Marenostrum (was known as the Marlin)pool side restaurant wasn’t very appealing …all looked the same day to day. The only saving grace was the Don Simon Pizzeria, located upstairs of the Marenostrum & open only for lunch time. (during our week, the Pizzeria didn’t open until Saturday but at least we had a chance to try it out !). Another good restaurant to try at lunch time is the Mexico Lindo, located near the 2nd pool & has access off the beach. You can sit inside or outside on the patio. Good menu selection & the sandwiches which we had were excellent !

The transfer time from Airport to resort is now about 30 minutes…the new highway offically opened yesterday & it’s a real joy to drive on it !!

If I can answer any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you so much for all that wonderful info. With what you said about the food I think I have decided to wait on this place. We are taking our 7 year old and he is celiac and needs to eat gluten free, do that is a huge concern for us. I think the next time hubby and I can go on our own we will go to Barcelo but not with our son yet until he opens his views on more foods. So hard with a picky child that is limited on food.

we have stayed at the Barcelo Premium with a gluten free adult with no issues