Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Barcelo Resorts in the Mayan

I am looking for all or any information regarding the Barcelo resorts on the Mayan Riviera.

Thanks,
Jake, eh

Hope I don’t loose my “Bahia Nut” status over this… ;D

Jake, don’t want to break protocol ( is mentioning another site a breach ? ???

Aw what the heck , this site really helped me on my last trip to Mexico ( MArch this year )

Shhhhh, I’m undercover here 8-), nobody knows who I really am, because I’m using this disguise :smiley: ;).

Jake, eh

[quote=@jemik]Aw what the heck , this site really helped me on my last trip to Mexico ( MArch this year )
http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/site/[/quote]

Had a quick look, looks like it will be just what we need, thanks for the help “jmik”…don’t worry, I won’t let anyone know you helped…it’ll be our little secret :wink:

Jake, eh

HA hA that wasn’t me ;), that was the other jemik ;D ;D

Yo Jake. Bahia Nut here. I like the Barcelo a lot. Great Beach for everything. New section has A/C buffets. My 2cents. Other than shows in the evening or disco not much else to do,but maybe that does not mater to you. A time not to go is September as the food is repeated often. Example roast beef on Monday, on Tuesday beef and on Wednesday roast beef again. If you like beef go in September. If you like fish or chicked go on Thursday or Friday. I was really upset as you may have noticed. This was not my first time to Barcelo it was my third so I know they usually do better. at other times of the year. I would return in a flash for the beach but the last time is still fresh in my memory.

Thanks for the honesty “terry”, all points are greatly appreciated…good and bad, it all comes together to make the decission that much easier.

Jake, eh

:slight_smile: What else does another resort offer in the evening? ??? Unless you go to a resort like Hedo. :-X :wink: :-*

The Bahia has music you can dance to in various places. It usually lasts until there is a show about to begin in the theaters. The H10 ocean maya had a group playing one time I was there and they too played till the show started in the theater.

:slight_smile: What else does another resort offer in the evening? ??? Unless you go to a resort like Hedo. :-X :wink: :-*[/quote]

As long as they have a bar still open, Jake is one happy camper :D.

Jake, eh

:slight_smile: We just booked the Barcelo. Couldn’t pass up the deal we got (especially when paying for 5 adults! :o).

So, does the Barcelo have a bar that stays open after the show? I would think they would, given the size of the complex something would be open and happening (live music?) :wink:

Also, is there somewhere we can fresh espressos / cappucinos on the resort (and not the push-button vending machines! :P)

How about “international” liquors? Real Baileys, Absolute Vodka? Any “brand name” scotches and/or whiskey’s?

I’ll check out that link provided here - thanks jemik! :-*

Grrrreat choice shirleyujest!! Have the best time and let us know how you liked it. caj :smiley:

[quote=@shirleyujest] :slight_smile: We just booked the Barcelo. Couldn’t pass up the deal we got (especially when paying for 5 adults! :o).

So, does the Barcelo have a bar that stays open after the show? I would think they would, given the size of the complex something would be open and happening (live music?) :wink:

Also, is there somewhere we can fresh espressos / cappucinos on the resort (and not the push-button vending machines! :P)

How about “international” liquors? Real Baileys, Absolute Vodka? Any “brand name” scotches and/or whiskey’s?

I’ll check out that link provided here - thanks jemik! :-*[/quote]

I checked out the link provided and it was great, loads of information, answered a lot of questions I had. So when are you going, and who did you book with?

Jake, eh

:slight_smile: Thanks for that, caj! I will be looking to you for some hints and tips. :wink: :smiley: :-*

:slight_smile: Thanks for that, caj! I will be looking to you for some hints and tips. :wink: :smiley: :-*[/quote]

Thanks to both shirleyujest & caj, you two have really put the Barcelo on the radar for us now…especially with the prices you got shirleyujest :o.

Cheers,

Jake, eh

:slight_smile: Good luck Jake and happy researching! :-*

Since I have 6 mos. to wait until my vacation then I will just have fun building on your excitement!!! :sunglasses:
How do I insert a photo in my messages?? Darn, I can’t remember for the life of me and I’ve got a good excitement builder (photo) or two! Thanks. ::slight_smile: ;D

:slight_smile: caj, if you are wanting to put in an avatar (picture under your name on the left hand side) you can choose one from Debbie’s or insert your own from a picture you have downloaded onto a website, such as Webshots.

If you are talking about a travel ticker at the bottom, you can go to tickerfactory or 7910.org and make one and then insert it into to “signature” which is at the bottom of your posts.

You can do this through your “profile” and fill in the fields there.

I’ll be looking to you for some of the “details” on the Barcelo Maya resort. :wink: :-*

[quote=@shirleyujest]
I’ll be looking to you for some of the “details” on the Barcelo Maya resort. :wink: :-*[/quote]

Yay! You’re booked! That’s some happy news to come home to! Yippee!