Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Barcelo Solymar Wedding

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has either been to a wedding at Barceol Solymar or got married there? My fiance and I are very interested in that particular resort for many reasons and i would like more info on what their weddings are like from people other than travel agents :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

I was there last year, not for a wedding, but saw one on the beach. They have a great gazeebo overlooking the ocean. They decorate it really nice, with toule (sp?) and ribbons. It looked great, and the entire wedding party had a great time! Have fun!

I just got back from a 5 day/4 night vacation at the SolyMar.

Didn’t see any weddings, but must tell you that the place is lovely. While the food at the buffet is average, if your DH brings a pair of pants with him, you can line up early in the morning (around 9:30/10am) to book a reservation at the a la carte restaurants (dress code in effect… they DO NOT allow walking shorts on men). The location is GREAT… close to town.

Would recommend taking the Varadero Beach Tour bus (CUC 5.00$/pp) which allows you to hop on and hop off the bus as often as you wish during a specific 12 hour period (typically 0900h - 2100h). If you decide to go on a horse drawn carriage tour (CUC 10.00$ per person), try to get Jose as your driver… he’s very informative and an all around nice guy (he usually wears a beige coloured baseball cap that says "Canada"on it).