Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bavaro Princess Review up

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel20.html

Okay. . . here goes! I am probably going to be in trouble for questioning Wud’s rating system. . . but some of it just doesn’t jive!
How can one say that getting to the rooms and receiving their luggage was speedy and efficient. . . but only give 4 stars?
As for the grounds. . .surely you could have given them 5 stars!!!
Next. . . to give the HOTEL 3.5 stars just because the vendors that came in did not lower their prices to what you wanted is not really fair. This really has nothing to do with the hotel.
Now. . . to say that you did not see any shows except the Lion King, which was “very well produced”, and that your granchildren loved, and then to give entertainment only 4.0 stars, is not really a fair rating either!
I am not really sure which International drinks you requested and were refused, but remember that there is a difference between International drinks, and PREMIUM International drinks. To not have paid for Platinum and to expect the latter . . . well. . . you get what you pay for! ::slight_smile:

In all, your review was very informative. :smiley: However I do have to disagree with your ratings for the above mentioned reasons! :stuck_out_tongue:

You didn’t mention going to Licey’s. It’s too bad you missed it. . .food and service is a definite 5 star!

Cat :slight_smile:

[quote author=cat2 board=general thread=1133243285 post=1133284377]Okay. . . here goes! I am probably going to be in trouble for questioning Wud’s rating system. . . but some of it just doesn’t jive!
How can one say that getting to the rooms and receiving their luggage was speedy and efficient. . . but only give 4 stars?
Next. . . to give the HOTEL 3.5 stars just because the vendors that came in did not lower their prices to what you wanted is not really fair. This really has nothing to do with the hotel.
Now. . . to say that you did not see any shows except the Lion King, which was “very well produced”, and that your granchildren loved, and then to give entertainment only 4.0 stars, is not really a fair rating either!
I am not really sure which International drinks you requested and were refused, but remember that there is a difference between International drinks, and PREMIUM International drinks. To not have paid for Platinum and to expect the latter . . . well. . . you get what you pay for! ::slight_smile:

In all, your review was very informative. :smiley: However I do have to disagree with your ratings for the above mentioned reasons! :stuck_out_tongue:

You didn’t mention going to Licey’s. It’s too bad you missed it. . .food and service is a definite 5 star!

Cat :)[/quote]
No reason to get in trouble for honestly and respectfully questioning anyone’s opinions - even Wud’s (LOL).

Sometimes even though service is very good to excellent you can see opportunities for improvement which leaves room for additional ratings improvement in the future.

As far as the vendors, since the hotels charge them for the opportunities to interact with the guests, they do have input into the pricing mix since the cost paid by the vendor to the hotel must be obtained from the guests in the form of premium pricing for their products. It’s personal preference as to whether this is bothersome or not.

In fact for the most part they are all personal preference items and so the simple answer is that you are both right.

Vive la difference!

[quote author=cat2 board=general thread=1133243285 post=1133284377]Okay. . . here goes! I am probably going to be in trouble for questioning Wud’s rating system. . . but some of it just doesn’t jive!

Cat :)[/quote]

clarifications

Didnt go to Licey, I am too cheap, saving money for my next trip of course, then the next one in April, so there you go, that is why no comments on Licey or Sakura (don’t like sushi), we also did not go to El Pecador because 2 did not like seafood and a la carte with kids can be a pain as it was in the Bella Pasta.

4 star for transportation efficiency, I have had better! In fact they insisted we be at our room when luggage was delivered. I would have rather stayed at the lobby bar awhile, long flight you know.

I also have seen nicer grounds, swamp is a bit of a deterrent also, and there were spots with standing water after a rain shower so no 5 star!

Vendor I gave the 3.5 star for their product quality and presentation not hotel.

Entertainment well 4.0 for me it certainly wasnt like a Toronto theatre production, I thought that was fair rating.

I don’t think JB Scotch is a Premium International scotch. It is actually a bar grade in Canada. Now read their website and it says select Brand International drinks, I couldnt get a beer other than Soberana or Presidente, I was going by their website and didnt expect any perks, I pay for what I got, but they have incorrect data on their website.

You must have agreed that the rooms were a bit tired and bathrooms were not great.

But everyone is entitled their opinion, overall a 4.0 star max, and I have been to 5 star resorts (Riu’s, Palladiums, Westins, Qualtons and Sandals) which were comparitively better. BUT only my humble opinion.

I have yet to read Cat 's review, anyone know where it is?

Nice to hear that you perfer the Palladiums to Bavaro Princess. BP is one of our favs so far and we’re off the the Palladium Place this winter. So that makes me feel pretty good about our choice! Of course we did do the VIP thing at BP so that may make a little difference.

You are absolutely right Wud. . . I never did post a review! When we returned last year I found out that one of my beloved cats had died while we were gone. I was devastated and did not even read the forums for some time. I did, however, eventually post our pictures, and I have replied to many questions regarding the Bavaro Princess. Somehow though, I never did seem to get around to writing a review. Perhaps I will do better this Feb.! :wink:

Cat

Thanks for the advice and the review Wud. Were there towel wars there? Any problems for Palapas??? Hubby had skin cancer so we pretty much require shade. Doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the beach. Just means we have to get to the beach earlier and assume the supine position on the beach chair with the dumb look on our faces…lol. thanks again :-*

No towel or palapa problems, at beach or pool. We did go early and left a book or mug on a lounger only as a precaution.