Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bavaro runners or Punta Cana Mike's adventures?

Hi there- I’m having trouble deciding which of these 2 excursions to go…
Advice?

Thanks

PC Mike can do a little more personalized version …
That would be my choice.

We did the Higuey tour with Mike last year. Would highly recommend it! Booked the Yuma tour back in early Dec for March this year and he only had one spot open! My advise is to book soon, or you will be disappointed!

like western said book early or be disappointed, booked back in novemeber for Mikes 1/2 day tour, taking it on the 28th

Thanks, guys!
…I was leaning towards PC Mike’s - This made my decision

Not to rain on the PC Mike parade - take a minute and read my post with some considerations when booking with a one/two person tour company.

Lets be FAIR HERE!!! You can’t expect someone who is UNABLE to even STAND to provide a tour due to severe back pains.

We have known Mike personally for a few years now, and have booked with him, and he has bent over backwards to accomodate any requests we have had.

We did Mike’s “Circle Tour - Higuey” last year, and just did the Boca de Yuma tour this past tuesday…and I would definitely recommend it to anyone without even a hesitation…left resort at 815, got back at 630, best tour we have had yet while in PC with the exception of the Ziplines…that is just a RUSH!!!

I know I’m late on this, but I think I need to add my 2 cents. I’m not discounting Mike because his input here and on other boards is priceless. However, I don’t believe that the Country Safari tour that you book through Mike’s excursion corner is even HIS tour. I believe that he’s most likely contracted with these folks. With this particular tour, I believe he functions more as a middle man.

I booked that tour through the excursion corner back in January 2010. I printed out my confirmation sheet and took it with me. When the truck showed up, I presented it. The gentleman looked at it and told me I was on the wrong truck and that my truck would be there shortly. I asked if this was Mike’s tour. He told me he didn’t know anyone named Mike. We waited. Bavaro Runners came and went. Outback Safari came and went. The Country Safari truck was still there…waiting. Since I booked through Mike, I was expecting something with Mike’s name or something on it. But the little voices inside my head told me to inspect the confirmation more closely. I did and right there, it said that the name of the tour I’d booked was actually Country Safari.

I pointed that out to the guy on the truck once more. He said Ok and waved us on (after they’d been sitting there, waiting for us for 30 minutes while we had been standing right there the entire time).

Two years earlier in August 2007, I’d done the Bavaro Runners tour and Mimi was my tour guide. He was AMAZING!!! I still keep in touch with him on Facebook. The Country Safari paled in comparison. And when I wanted to do a safari again with folks who’d never been to PC in Sept 2010, I booked Bavaro Runners.

So…between the two, I’d go with Bavaro Runners.

[quote=@ashtonmorgan]I know I’m late on this, but I think I need to add my 2 cents. I’m not discounting Mike because his input here and on other boards is priceless. However, I don’t believe that the Country Safari tour that you book through Mike’s excursion corner is even HIS tour. I believe that he’s most likely contracted with these folks. With this particular tour, I believe he functions more as a middle man.

I booked that tour through the excursion corner back in January 2010. I printed out my confirmation sheet and took it with me. When the truck showed up, I presented it. The gentleman looked at it and told me I was on the wrong truck and that my truck would be there shortly. I asked if this was Mike’s tour. He told me he didn’t know anyone named Mike. We waited. Bavaro Runners came and went. Outback Safari came and went. The Country Safari truck was still there…waiting. Since I booked through Mike, I was expecting something with Mike’s name or something on it. But the little voices inside my head told me to inspect the confirmation more closely. I did and right there, it said that the name of the tour I’d booked was actually Country Safari.

I pointed that out to the guy on the truck once more. He said Ok and waved us on (after they’d been sitting there, waiting for us for 30 minutes while we had been standing right there the entire time).

Two years earlier in August 2007, I’d done the Bavaro Runners tour and Mimi was my tour guide. He was AMAZING!!! I still keep in touch with him on Facebook. The Country Safari paled in comparison. And when I wanted to do a safari again with folks who’d never been to PC in Sept 2010, I booked Bavaro Runners.

So…between the two, I’d go with Bavaro Runners.[/quote]

PC mikes tour, you dont go in a truck, you go in just a normal van with 4-6 other quests,

second its not called country safari

third Mike goes on the tour with you

fourth there is no confrimation, Mike works on a honour system and you pay him when he picks you up for the trip

http://www.freewebs.com/puntacanamike/learnmoreabout.htm

for a real personalized tour, in a comfortable new air conditioned van
I highly recommend mikes tour, hilite for me was playing dominoes with the locals