Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bayahibe Internet cafe

I will be staying at the IBHD in December–are there computers available at the hotel for guests for e-mail, or are there any internet cafes in Bayahibe? Thanks for your reply.

They’ve had periodic trouble, but there are internet terminals at the Iberostar. (For those interested, last I heard there was no WiFi in the rooms.)

The Iberostar hotel is actually in Dominicus and there is an internet cafe right in front of the gates to the Wyndham Dominicus BEACH hotel (not the Palace). You’d just have to leave the IHD on the public beach side and make your way to the pedestrian road, then down to where that turns into vehicle traffic. It’s on that corner.

There is the Coco Cafe on the beach at Bayahibe as well if you want to make your way there. It’s right at the border between the Bayahibe Beach and the town, where the Cafecito de la Cubana is.

Kaki

Thanks, Kaki–you are always so helpful! How far from the IBHD is the town of Bayahibe?

Thanks! Bayahibe is a 10 minute drive by cab or gua gua from Dominicus. You can catch the gua gua just outside the IHD gates. Ask Mario at Concierge for directions!

It would be a 40 minute hot and dusty walk down a road where trucks ride alongside tiny shoulders. There’s a shortcut down the horsetrail, but I don’t recommend that walk unless you know what you’re doing.

I can send you an aerial photograph to show the distance and route if you want to send me an e-mail. Another shows a bit of Dominicus to direct you a bit. Let me know if you’re interested. kaki.ulan@sasktel.net

Kaki

To get to the vendor street in front of the Palace/Beach, all you have to do is walk down the beach toward the Viva Dominicus hotel, as you get to the vendors on the public part of the beach , you will notice a path/road that leads away from the beach, follow that road along the Palace building to the corner, make a left and you are on the street Kaki is talking about, only a short walk to all ammenities, cigar factory, paintings are lovely at that location and not so expensive as in the resorts… make sure you walk all the way to the Dominicus Beach entrance as there are stores in that area also, of course, you should do that trip on foot in the daytime… otherwise take a cab or the guagua…