Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Beach towels

I know that some folks like to take their own brightly coloured beach towels when they head down to the DR if for no other reason than to identify their chairs from the sea of blue (towels I mean, not ocean). They’re also handy if your resort is a tad slow in providing beach towels

While cruising through Zeller’s this evening, I noticed that they still have these cheapy cheapy beach towels. We picked some up a few years ago and pretty much always bring them with us. They ARE NOT the best towels by any stretch of the imagination but they are only…$2.97 each. Actually, I think we got ours for only $2.67 :P. End of season sale, I think LOL. They are very thin so don’t take up much space or weight. They’re also handy for wrapping your bottles of rum ::slight_smile: on the way back. They’re handy for excursions where swimming is involved and if you lose it, you couldn’t care less.

Just thought I’d let our Canadian posters know about these.

Rose

Are the cheapy cheapys, biggy biggy?

lol

To be point blank, no. They are not something that you would want to litterally “lay on the beach” with. They are pretty much a stop gap, handy to have around but would not be heartbroken to leave behind.

I’ve picked up towels at sale prices in different stores the last couple of years. Some are really nice and some are really cheapy cheapy. The ones I took with me this last trip covered what needed to be covered on the lounge chair. On the way home we did use them to wrap around our bottles. Keep your eye open at Superstore too, they sometimes have really nice towels at great prices.

Rose - I think that is a great idea, therefore if someone steals your towel, you don’t care because it was a cheap thing to begin with. And another smart idea to wrap it around the bottles of rum that you will be taking home. Thanks for sharing!

I always take my own beach towel, our travel agent gave us some really good ones a couple of years ago along with some travel mugs. This year we got really great beach bags, yes we are a walking advertisement for them but who cares. I like having it with me for the reason of being able to find my chair, I also use it as a pillow when I am napping on the beach.

Sunny,
since we have been travelling, we have always booked on line. This year I was thinking maybe we should use a travel agent.

Do you find one way better than the other? Aside from the obvious of you not having the stress of looking for the vacation yourself…

[quote author=missingsosua board=general thread=1147305642 post=1147524071]Sunny,
since we have been travelling, we have always booked on line. This year I was thinking maybe we should use a travel agent.

Do you find one way better than the other? Aside from the obvious of you not having the stress of looking for the vacation yourself…[/quote]

I have only booked flights within Canada and the US on line, I have always booked my vacations through my travel agent. We have always used the same one and she watches the prices for us. I know lots of people book on line but I just feel more comfortable going through my agent, she takes care of any problems that crop up plus the agency has a 24 hour help line in case you run into problems while away.

In response to taking your own towels - great. But please don’t take them so you can use them to reserve more chairs. Too often I have seen it done. They use the resort towels for 2 chairs but put they’re own towels in other chairs so they can have 4 or even 6 chairs all to themselves.
As for going through an Agent it just for us does help us worry less. But we have booked on-line once when going last minute. But our Agent usually asked what price I saw it at on n-line and she comes as close to it as she can. But for our big vacation that we usualy booked well in advance we always go through our agent. We’ve had too many flight changes, extra hotel nights added that kind of stuff and she can work out all those details for us. She has even been able to switch our departure city from Halifax to Moncton with out extra cost to us.