Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Beach vendors

HI all , We are wondering if Breezes PP has beach vendors & shacks same as on the Playa Dorado Complex Beaches ? Also where is the Liquidation Centre located , sosua ? PP ? caberete?
Mucho Thanx in Advance :slight_smile:

ßou & Fam

No vendors shacks of which I am aware but there is a free shuttle thrice daily to Sosua where there are about 200 casitas on the beach.

The liquidation centre is in Cabarete.

Is the liquidation ctr worth going to? And how far away is Cabarete from PoP (Breezes)?

Thanks!

Ty for the reply Greg , & good ? Bryan , is it worth the visit ? We walked to cafe cito from playa dorado complex last March & that was well worth the stop & then we ventured further down the road to find a place called “Dinorah’s Liqudation” That also was well worth the walk , all the same touristy T-shirts & tanks sunvisors & even childrens short sets with matching hair scrunchies (tommy hilfiger on the label) for waaaaaaaaaay below cost we paid only $3 US per t-shirt ! I am just starting to do my shopping home work for this trip now
Thanks again

ßou & Fam

P.S. the Cafe Cito’s Pub Crawl was the most fun we had on the whole trip ! highly recommend it !

[quote author=bryanbrown board=general thread=1128709878 post=1128713774]Is the liquidation ctr worth going to? And how far away is Cabarete from PoP (Breezes)?

Thanks![/quote]
Breezes is between Sosua and Cabarete and there is a free shuttle to both Sosua and Cabarete three times a day. The schedule is available from the front desk. Both towns are well worth a visit IMHO.

[quote author=bouquet board=general thread=1128709878 post=1128714905]Ty for the reply Greg , & good ? Bryan , is it worth the visit ? We walked to cafe cito from playa dorado complex last March & that was well worth the stop & then we ventured further down the road to find a place called “Dinorah’s Liqudation” That also was well worth the walk , all the same touristy T-shirts & tanks sunvisors & even childrens short sets with matching hair scrunchies (tommy hilfiger on the label) for waaaaaaaaaay below cost we paid only $3 US per t-shirt ! I am just starting to do my shopping home work for this trip now
Thanks again

ßou & Fam

P.S. the Cafe Cito’s Pub Crawl was the most fun we had on the whole trip ! highly recommend it ! [/quote]
Dinorah’s is a great place to shop and Tim puts on a great Pub Crawl. Both on the “must do” list IMHO.

Gregg is right Bouquet, both towns are worth a visit and the shuttle only takes a couple of minutes. In my opinion, you are better of going into Cabarate to the Liquidation Centre first before going to the vendor huts in Sousa. They sell pretty much the same things and LC is much cheaper. I bought my son a necklace in Sousa from a guy who wanted $20.00 US and I managed to knock him down to $8.00 Us. I found the exact same thing in the LC for roughly $2.50US.

Let’s bear in mind also that the beach vendours are trying to make a living. The bargaining (note “bargaining” not bartering. Just a pet peeve of mine) is half the fun and experience. We have become quite good friends with some of the vendours on Cabarete beach.

I’m not trying to tell people what to do, where to buy or who to buy from, just adding some food for thought.

Cabarete is indeed well worth a visit. There is, of course, a Harrison’s there for fine jewellery if you are interested, but there is also a shop which specializes in good quality amber jewellery and specimens. Worth a browse even if you are not interested in buying.

Rose

goto to caberete and sousua, as for the less time you have to spend at Breezes PP the better your trip will be,

Why ty Rose , we @ ßou’s house agree on the bargaining thingy , Really enjoy it & thats why I asked about vendors in the 1st place . More for the anklets & such for cheapy cheapy souveniers . But when it comes to buying 12 -15 t-shirts for freinds n fam back @ home I really do look for the bargains there , hence the liquidation centre .
Northernmale , I will reserve judgment on Breezes PP until after we arrive IMHO it’s alllllllll gotta be good cause we are going to be in Paradise for 2 weeks .

ßye for now ßou

Hi Bou,

Was at Breeze’s in May this year, good idea to reserve judgement, each to there own and all that! if you are looking for some bargaining fun on Saturday nights they have the Dominican theme night and some vendors come in and you can really bargain with them as the prices are very high but we got them to a reasonable price, still more than you would normally pay but hey had fun doing it!

Go and have a lovely time :smiley:

[quote author=bouquet board=general thread=1128709878 post=1128756153]Why ty Rose , we @ ßou’s house agree on the bargaining thingy , Really enjoy it & thats why I asked about vendors in the 1st place . More for the anklets & such for cheapy cheapy souveniers . But when it comes to buying 12 -15 t-shirts for freinds n fam back @ home I really do look for the bargains there , hence the liquidation centre .
Northernmale , I will reserve judgment on Breezes PP until after we arrive IMHO it’s alllllllll gotta be good cause we are going to be in Paradise for 2 weeks .

ßye for now ßou

[/quote]

;D I hope I didn’t offend you or anyone else. That was definitely NOT my intention.

One of our very good beach vendour friends used to sell t-shirts on the beach but had to switch to the jewellery because the t-shirts were just getting too expensive and he couldn’t make enough money. It is really too bad as he really liked it and was good at it.

So you’re an anklet fiend too? I always get a matching necklace, bracelet and anklet.

Have a GREAT trip and don’t forget to write a review and tell us all about it when you get back.

Take care,

Rose

When we were at Breezes Jan/04 we did not see any vendors on the beach. That was fine with me. As Littlemissnaughty said they do set up at the hotel and sell their wares. I bought a few items from them (basically same price as in town). I am the type that likes to look around and then go back after comparing prices, articles for sale etc. I enjoyed the convenience of not having to lug my loot all around town (carrying it in my pack), and just dropped it off in my room.

Our group thoroughly enjoyed Breezes POP, not one bad thing to say about it. Things may have changed but I think it is reasonable for us to expect a similar experience. About 104 days to go! Saw the liguidation place on our way into town but did not go. Will certainly do that this trip as I have heard the prices are excellent.

Hola Rose , No offense taken in any way ! Thats the beauty of these forums a slice of life & differing opinions , makes for lively conversation :slight_smile: Yes I too am an anklet fiend lol’s when we came home last yr from DR I had bought anklets for all my gal pals & sorry to say 1 by 1 they all broke for 1 reason or another , knots slipped or clasps didnt work … not to worry I just went out & bought some craft supplies & redid them all , well of course I thought " that was fun" so I went n bought more beads & started making my own to match bathing suits & outfits & that snowballed all my gal pals wanted to know where I bought the great anklets . So I started taking orders & even had a wedding order :slight_smile: the bride & her attendants all put their anklet clad barefeet in a circle in the sand around her bouquet painted toes & flowers & sand , it made an awesome pic the Bride said it’s her fave of all & had it blown up for her living room . I am waiting for my copy , they just tied the knot last month . I bought an amber set which I love , it’s a ring, bracelet & pendant . I will be looking fo rmore jewelry when I go back to the DR again . My My I have rambled on lol’s 2 of my fave topics jewelry & The DR!
Adios ßou

Mommacat I shop like u do , look allllllllllllllllll around get the scoop then go back , but if you’ve already done that kinda leg work , then I thank you for the tip :slight_smile: & will definitly check out the vendors when they come to Breezes I too dislike having to load up my pack & would rather wander around town with a lighter load . :slight_smile: We will be there for 2 weeks so I am sure I will have a good chance to check everything out . That said , it is our 1st time to Breezes & any tips or hints would be very much appreciated . Is the beach far to walk to from the rooms? Are the dining areas far from the rooms ? I noticed a post saying building 11 was decent ? any other comments please pass em on :slight_smile:

Mucho Gracias ßou
P.S. Sunny you chime right in here too or any one else who has been :slight_smile: ty