Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Beat my quote.ca

Any one ever hear of “beat my quote.ca”? How do you know if these online sights are legit? I am hoping someone out there has used them. Please let me know if you have.
Thank you, Dragonfly~

just checked out the site and I didn’t see any TICO signs at the bottom of the page so I wouldn’t jump on their band wagon,to be on the safe side you could always check them out with the Better Business Bureau.

From their FAQ page:

Is BeatMyQuote.ca a TICO registered agency?

TICO is the registration body for travel agencies in Ontario, Canada. BeatMyQuote.ca is an Alberta agency and completed all registration requirements. Including E & O Insurance, so book with confidence.

Thanks so much for looking into it for me. I didn’t know what I was looking for to know if it was legit. Now I know! I am not very computer friendly. My children don’t let me near it very often…Anyone actually ever book with beatmyquote.ca? Let me know your thoughts.
Dragonfly~

If you’re in Ontario, try selloffvacations.com, they’ll meet or beat any price.

I’m sure many many on-line travel sites now a days match or beat any quote you get from another site. I “play” that game with them all the time and usually end up with most of the on-line co. matching each other in the end. So if you do not feel comfortable with a certain company just go to one that you know about and trust :sunglasses:

Thanks for all the advice. beatmyquote.ca has beat redtag.ca by $40.00 per person plus because it is a wedding group they will give me a cert. for 100.00 for the Keg. I have so many quotes from both online agencys and local travel agencys, beatmyquote so far has given me the lowest one. With 40 peole depending on me, and my partner and myself having 5 children to pay for we need to get it right. I have been on this for months, I just want to be done with this part of the wedding prep. Thanks besttravelsites for your first hand knowledge, if any one else has any thing to add I thank you in advance.
Dragonfly~

An Alberta registered agency, being from Ontario I wouldnt touch it, TICO means a lot here in Ontario

If you have a problem, can’t you just remove the charge on your Credit card?

I booked this year with a site I hadn’t used before at a price that when it got to my CC was almost 400 higher than I had booked! (I used online banking and saw the charge almost immediately). Called credit card co and they suggested I first talk to the seller. By the way, CC charge was to Transat, not the website, I felt safer. UNtil I called transat too… they said too bad for you, that was the price!! Anyway, a short email and a week later, got a cheque from the website for the diff between booked and charged. All is well… but I could have reversed the original credit card charge… I think.

Try this one, get their quote & take it to your local TA! Ours, if it is legit will beat it even by 10. PP.

Doesn’t hurt to try.

Happy Travels!

I have tried to book with Beatmyquote.ca and have found them IMHO not that great of a deal. I could get a much better deal with a lot of other on-line operators.

:slight_smile: I’m still waiting for “beatmyquote” to give me a quote. Site said it could take up to 15 minutes to respond to me.

So far, 3 hours later, haven’t heard a thing ::slight_smile: :-*

The first time I asked for a quote I got an email asking me to call with a phone number that didn’t work. In the end the quote was only a couple of dollars cheaper. The second time I tried for a quote I got no response at all. I didn’t even bother to try this time.

Two of the “pro” posters in here who are all in favor of beatmyquote.ca have IP address not from Canada but from Malaysia. So if I were you I would be very very careful before dealing with this on-line company or wait until at least more information becomes available to all of us IMHO :sunglasses:
The three pro posters have had their posts deleted as IMHO they are nothing more then spammers. Like I said just be careful when dealing with this company or in fact any company

I recently used beatmyquote.ca for a quote which they got back to me in an hour. I only used their email they sent me to print off and take to Selloffvacations to match it as they did come in $200 cheaper than other online companys including Selloffvacations and bookitforless.ca. Believe me, I checked them all.

I’m guessing that Selloffvacations must check their legitimacy but I’m not sure. BUT my regular travel agent says they’ve never heard of them and then continued to say it was some small potaotes guy out of Calgary…so who really knows for sure. My regular travel agent said no dice for matching the price but they wouldn’t match bookitforless.ca either. Toodles to them then.

I would get your best quote, then try beatmyquote.ca and use their email for leverage somewhere else. I wasn’t comfortable using an online company regardless of who they were but that’s just me, I’m sure I’ll get braver. I would use them for a quote then take to a travel agent to match or beat. At least they’d be good for something as they were in our case until they are better known.

I could be wrong but I don’t believe TICO means anything to anyone outside of Ontario.

All you people out there that take your quotes from one travel agency to the next one in hopes to get a couple more dollars off are ruining it for everyone. By doing this you now are no longer to get any discount on Nolitours AirTransat Holiday packages as they got tired of your whining, instead of leaving well enough alone. When you get a lower price grab it all these travel agencies are legit and they are all covered by some sort of Insurance and are IATA members. There is not alot of room to play with these prices and eventually everyone will get fed up of the discounting and you will all have to pay full price regardless of who you book through. Of course your local agent will tell you buyer beware because he has overhead to keep and will not be giving you a break in the price no matter how little it is.

Also there is a note at the botto of the submit quote that says that prices will change at any time so you should call for an immediate discount especially during busy seasons when even the slowest of travel agents can be backed up

My experience is that most places will at least match it…so find your best deal and then call the company or site that you trust. We have always used the same TA/travel company as they always have promotions like 12 equal or 24 equal payments etc…and now they will match or beat any online price…the best of both worlds.

But yes, you dont want to book to save $20 and then take the chance you run into problems down the road…

wow you dug up a old thread! it’s from 2007!!!

i really doubt that we ruined it for others just b/c nolitours isn’t discounting their packages anymore… i work hard for my money and any penny i can save is all the better for me! MAYBE they should look at their prices from the get go and not over price things to make a few extra bucks in the beginning and then have to sell off to get ride of them. If they are good prices from the beginning then there should be no issues in selling all them out and them losing money!

[quote=@stillgotit]Two of the "pro" posters in here who are all in favor of beatmyquote.ca have IP address not from Canada but from Malaysia. So if I were you I would be very very careful before dealing with this on-line company or wait until at least more information becomes available to all of us IMHO :sunglasses:
The three pro posters have had their posts deleted as IMHO they are nothing more then spammers. Like I said just be careful when dealing with this company or in fact any company[/quote]

WOW!! how do imposters even post here? not very secure when this is a site to help fellow dominican republic travelers!! Scary actually. How do you get their IP address’s to search for their IP Address location? Why are you “a Guest”??

Concerned about this BFC!!

Greg