Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Beer in minifridge

i am going to the bahia principe san juan on feb 5th and i was wondering if i leave a tip in the mini fridge with a note asking for more beer will they leave extras?

If you leave it, they will come! Certainly worth a try and may bear fruit.errrrr beer! :smiley:

Just remember, it won’t be Presidente. We had 2 on the first day and told the boy to fill the fridge up with coke and we went to the store and bought a bottle of Brugal Rum. That’s how nasty the beer is.
Mac

It was that famous brand Quisqueya, I went to the bar and asked for bottled beer and was given cold bottles of Bohemia, which I put in the fridge and left the Pissqueya on the table with a small tip…next day I had more Bohemia and no more Q beer

We left $1-$2 USD every day and we always had 3 or 4 Quisqueya in the fridge, It’s not the best tasting beer but when it’s hot like that I could bear it. Also you can go to one of the shops on the street and buy Presidente for $2 each.

I don’t think you want any extra of the standard Quisqueya beer they put in the fridges at BPSJ. I put a note and a $5.00 tip on the first day asking for more of some things and less of others and the bar man was great. It is NOT the morning housekeeping staff but some guys later in the p.m. that fill the fridges. A few dollars go a long way. I left the note and money inside the fridge and they did their best to fill to my specifications. However you will not get Presidente from them.

Hola,

My favourite topic, Quisqueya, the world’s foulest beer. It’s the biggest reason why I would not return to the BPSJ. I hope that an exec. from the chain reads this! Truly, I’d pay the beverage guy not to stock it in the mini-fridge. The thought of it turns my stomach. Oh, yeah, I leave for the Coral Marien on the 27th. Didn’t go anywhere last year, so I’ll be making up for it extra hard during the two weeks we’re there. I’ve heard so many great things about this spot that I leave with no worry or concern. The best thing is that it cost only a few bucks more than the Bahia. It’s going to be hot, hot, hot!

Adios :sunglasses: ;D :sunglasses:

we are going to the bluebay gettaway villas in september.will it be the “foulest beer in the world” or do the resorts stock different?
whats the draught beer like?

Ollytheblue. Don’t know about your villas, but the beer on tap is usually (for the most part) Presidente which is good as long as its cold. We stayed at the PC Princess, and the beers they had in the room fridge was something called “Soberanna” which left a lot to be desired. In our 21 years going to the DR, we had never heard of this variety of beer, but that was all that was available. I think every resort is different, but there always is the option, which we opted to do. Buy the ones you like for the fridge and enjoy. They don’t really cost that much and if it makes you happy, it’s definitely worth it.

thank you missyd. i will have a go and if its c##p, i will go and buy some.

At BPSJ, I gave the lad who stocked the fridge $10.00 US and had a small bottle of Brugal in the fridge every 3rd-4th day for two weeks. ;D
I bought Presidente on the street and kept it in the fridge. ;D

Captain2002 :sunglasses:

[quote author=shadow2 board=Poparea thread=1170364412 post=1170439320]Hola,

My favourite topic, Quisqueya, the world’s foulest beer. It’s the biggest reason why I would not return to the BPSJ. I hope that an exec. from the chain reads this! Truly, I’d pay the beverage guy not to stock it in the mini-fridge. The thought of it turns my stomach. Oh, yeah, I leave for the Coral Marien on the 27th. Didn’t go anywhere last year, so I’ll be making up for it extra hard during the two weeks we’re there. I’ve heard so many great things about this spot that I leave with no worry or concern. The best thing is that it cost only a few bucks more than the Bahia. It’s going to be hot, hot, hot!

Adios :sunglasses: ;D 8-)[/quote]

We were at the Coral Marien the first week of January. They stock your fridge with two mini bottles of Presidente daily. It is also on tap at the bars. Sit back, relax and enjoy. The Coral is a great place. I have been to BPSJ and would chose the Coral hands down! ;D