Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Beers of The World - Presidente

Am going to be going to Buffalo in week or so, and was going to drop by Beers of The World in Rochester…

Anyone know what the prices are for Presidente there? Also, what sizes do they carry?

I know they are the only place around here that sells it…so would like to pick some Presidente up!

Thanks in advance…

I would drop a PM to Joe and Karen if you’re going there.

I can answer that for you. We don’t like to advertise it but we are Joe and Karens neighbors. I think the price is around $45 bucks a case- kinda pricey :o
I think they only have 12 oz. bottles. at least thats what they had last time I was there a few weeks ago. If you need directions there let me know. It is a real experience, especially if you are a lover of BEER!!

Good luck
Kevin

[quote=@kevanbar319]I can answer that for you. We don’t like to advertise it but we are Joe and Karens neighbors. I think the price is around $45 bucks a case- kinda pricey :o
I think they only have 12 oz. bottles. at least thats what they had last time I was there a few weeks ago. If you need directions there let me know. It is a real experience, especially if you are a lover of BEER!!

Good luck
Kevin[/quote]

Thanks Kevin, appreciate the info. We have the directions, a map etc… plus GPS will guide me right to the door! Actually 45 bucks isnt that bad… you get a case of Corona here in Ontario and your paying almost 50 bucks if its not on sale… besides, liquid gold is worth that price…right down to the last drop :slight_smile:

Hey OBH,

When you pull in to the small plaza where beers of thr world is there is a nice place called the Distillery on the right side as you enter the plaza. Its a great place for a bite and a couple of cold ones. I am sure you will be hungry after touring B.O.T.W ;D

Kevin :sunglasses:

Do you know how far Rochester is from Buffalo? It is not just around the corner it is 73.8 miles or 1 hour 19 minutes…

Umm…when we say “case” do we mean 12 or 24 bottles??..Here on the east coast…a case means a dozen…and I thought $21 here a dozen was high…your saying $45-50 isnt bad??!

Not to worry. Here in Ontario a case means 24. :sunglasses:

edit: and a case of 24 Corona is $41.95 including bottle deposit according to the LCBO website. Presidente unfortunately isn’t available here.

When I say a case I mean 24 bottles. Yes, I think it is pricey but apparently not for our Canadian friends. We can get Corona here for about 25 bucks instead 50 :o
We can also get most Canadian beers for about have of what our friends north of the border pay.

Kevin :sunglasses:

It’s just part of the price we pay for living in the GWN (Great White North). ::slight_smile:

Official breakdown for a 24 case in Canada.

Bottles $4.00
Case $2.00
Beer $8.00
Transportation Cost $3.00
Taxes $28.00 ( Priceless )

$28??..try $40 out here on the east coast!!

thats why we have “free” healthcare…we pay double for alot of things in Canada…that entitles us to a nice stretcher in a hallway for “free” in most overcrowded, understaffed hospitals…lol

I would gladly pay for my own healthcare and enjoy more $ in my pocket when I buy beer, cars, clothes, food, gas, trips etc… ;D

I think I’ll remove my comments for very obvious reasons… :-/ :-/ :-/

EDinNB

lol…all you need is a medical plan/coverage and your fine…from what I have researched I would rather pay the montly amount for the insurance plan, have it private so that if I need a procedure I won’t sit in a hallway for a few days…and with the tax savings (as the argument in Canada is that our high taxes pay for our free healthcare) I would have more disposal income…

But this is way off track…so back to the thread…I love Presidente’s!! ;D

wish we could get them out here…I think New Hampshire is the nearest for us…

I don’t mean to start arguments but believe me I’m researching this–Got laid off

Insurance for a month for my husband and myself—No Children–890.00–1200 per month.

Nice huh…Yikes :o

That’s a few cans of Presidente

yeah…thats not bad…$445 each…believe you me…when you add up sales tax, property taxes, federal taxes, provincial taxes…and then the cost of everything here on our take home pay…plus we still have to pay monthly insurance for things like dental, eye wear, prescriptions etc…you’d be surpirsed…

Not to mention that in private care, things are usually much more efficient and much quicker…

I can tell you that if you were here…you would spend more than the $445 you would save monthly to live in Canada…

Doesn’t OntarioBowHunter have the same initials as the President?

OBH = BHO, well not the same order, but could they/he be the same person?

Ok–I’ve got the answer

We need to buy lottery tickets and win

Then we can buy all the Presidente we want

[quote=@presidentejay]Doesn’t OntarioBowHunter have the same initials as the President?

OBH = BHO, well not the same order, but could they/he be the same person?[/quote]

Do I get to keep his perks :slight_smile:

OBH … you can have his “Blackberry”. If you can get him to give it up.

I emailed … Harper in Ottawa, and ask him to ask the “President” if he could arrange to have “Presidente” sold here in Canada. I think we need a free trade agreement with the Dominican Republic.