Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Best Beach

I have been to Punta Cana and I know that this is one of the best beaches in Domincan…but this year we are on a budget and going with our 2 teenage boys. Can anyone suggest a great beach other than Punta Cana? Looking for a nice resort with nice aqua water beach. There must be more out there.

Thanks!

Lori

If you’re on a budget you could consider one of the 3 star hotels in Playa Dorada, such as the Fun Royale.

Tom

That would be a fine choice, but the beach in Playa Dorada doesn’t come close to Punta Cana. We’ll be at Fun Royale in about 8 days. I’ll be writing a review when I return, but I don’t expect much change from previous trips.

Check out the Samana area. Lots of reviews here about different resorts on the Samana peninsula. Some are on excellent beaches. Stayed at the El Portillo last year and loved the beach. Had some coral off shore for snorkeling and soft sand. No other resorts around, did long walks on the beach, very peaceful.

Agreed. But I did read the word ‘budget’ in the original post.

Tropical Club Bavaro in Punta is not not too expensive but is only offered through Go Traval Direct from Ottawa and Montreal, and from Tours Mont Royal from Montreal
Tropical Playa Dorada in Puerto Plata is not too expensive, and the beach is nice
IFA resort in Punta Cana are reasonably priced, as well as the Grand Paradise Bavaro

[quote=@vincentediana]Tropical Club Bavaro in Punta is not not too expensive but is only offered through Go Traval Direct from Ottawa and Montreal, and from Tours Mont Royal from Montreal
Tropical Playa Dorada in Puerto Plata is not too expensive, and the beach is nice
IFA resort in Punta Cana are reasonably priced, as well as the Grand Paradise Bavaro[/quote]

Tropical Club Bavaro you can stay there if you like a real 1 star if that.

I have friends who stayed there and they really liked it. It’s not a Palace but is good enough for a relaxing vacation. It all depends what you’re looking for and as long as your expectations are not set for a 5 stars, it’s OK :wink:

sometimes you can get a deal on one of the south coast resorts around juan dolio or la romana…nice calm beaches…if you are up for it you can book through punta cana airport and save a couple of hundred dollars each…just get ready for a long busride!

How about Sosua? Great beach…plenty to do around town too… :slight_smile:

Wud I gonna have to disagree on this one. :wink:
“Tropical Club Bavaro you can stay there if you like a real 1 star if that.”

We stayed there last April and for the money it was great. If you require marble and Jacuzzis and fancy bedrooms with alot of wasted space of a expensive resort then this is not the place.

If you want a clean room decent food and great service then it is worth looking into. As for a 1 star I don’t think so I have been in some of the 4’s and it gives some of them a run for their money.
Our review is here http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/tropicalbavaro.html.

This is just our opinion.
P.S the room we got is no longer available that building I believe was changed to time shares.

Regards Rod :sunglasses: