Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Best Place To Go For The Younger Crowd?

Just wondering if there’s a better place/area to go in the Dominican that is more suited to the younger single crowd? 20-26 year olds looking to party, have a good time and meet some women.

How do resorts respond to intoxicated people? Can you be thrown into a “drunk tank” for the night, or is it a mostly anything goes type of atmosphere?

These questions might seem funny, but I’m serious. I don’t want to end up in a resort full of older couples with a slower, quieter paced atmosphere if something else is available.

In my humble opinion, the solution is the little town of CABARETE. It is not ALL younger folks, but definitely caters to that type of crowd. You’d love it.

Basically Cabarete is a small town on the North Coast that pretty much got built up for the tourist trade because of the idea conditions in the bay for both kiteboarding and windsurfing, which automatically tends to draw a younger crowd (us oldsters like to watch LOL).

In the evening, the bars and restaurants place tables and chairs right on the beach for dinner and after dinner recreation. There are also a couple of discos etc. Most of the bars run “specials” during the evening so it is interesting to watch the crowd move from one bar/disco to another as the “specials” kick in.

One of the best sites for specific Cabarete info is

activecabarete.com

One of the nice things about Cabarete is that everything is mainly on one strip so it is fairly easy to pour yourself back to your hotel once you are done your partying.

If you have any questions about Cabarete don’t hesitate to ask. I know it well, and if I don’t know the answer, I can probably get it for you.

Rose

Majority of the resorts do cater to families, and are all-inclusives (which typically means that you stay at your resort for your whole stay … not like Cancun or Puerto Vallarta where there are cities with packed discos).

Maniac, I have to agree with Rose that Cabarete is a great place for a younger crowd. The beach is fantastic during the day. Easy to go from bar to bar in the evening and not to worry about crossing the road. Some hotels offer free shuttles into Sousa and Cabarete if you were not staying directly in Cabarete. Take Rose up on her offer for more info. and have a great holiday.