Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Best resort for 12- and 15-year-olds

Hi, all. We are looking for an Easter week getaway next April. I know this is high season, which will cost us but might also work out well in that there will be other teens on the island. My travel agent has recommended either Dreams Punta Cana or Palm Beach. Is one of these better than the other for kids? My kids are happy both hanging with us and each other and also doing a few new activities and making friends. They’re very big pool/beach kids. We would need either a true one-bedroom suite (with separating door) or two guaranteed adjoining rooms. I would love some expert advice! Thanks.

Can’t comment on Dreams properties; but we have been to many DR properties and have never found a lack of things for a person of any age - toddler, teen or adult - to do. It’s all about attitude of meeting people and joining in or not; as you choose.

Easter is a busy time at resorts - we have often travelled at Easter due to school breaks here, and found resorts crowded at this time. Be aware this is a very big holiday in the DR. We found New Years to be more quiet than Easter!

Enjoy!

We went to the Majestic Colonial in Jan with our five kids (4,9,11,13 and 15) and the kids had a blast…
plenty for them to do and they loved the shows at night…

Hi Thanks for updates. Have any of you travelled to Club Med? I have been to Palladium (Jamaica) and Riu (Cancun Mexico) and liked both of those properties. thinking of going to Riu?