Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Best resort pools in the DR?

My husband just loved the huge free form pool at Sirenis in PC and it was arguably one of the best i’ve seen as well.

Is there anything else comparable or better in PC? Shade poolside (palapas) is a must and a swim up bar and “deep area” would be a plus.

I would really love to try a new resort this year but HB doesn’t “do” the ocean so we spend most of our time poolside.

This is a BIG deciding factor on which resort we choose.
Thanks for all reviews!!

Cheers,
T

Well spaqueen, HANDS DOWN…
The best resort pool is just up the road from Sirenis-
SUNSCAPE THE BEACH!

Not only is it the largest in the Caribbean- it stretches from lobby to ocean, with a swim up bar & waterfall in between. There are mats that you can float on, as the pool has a “Lazy River” effect. There is no “deep” area, but there are sections where you can sit on your lounger right in the pool. There are some huge palapa type structures with matresses around the pool to provide shade. And a great bar right in the middle called BAR-acuda which has self-serve popcorn and ice cream, as well as snacks such as fries & burgers for lunch.

I’d be happy to send you some pic’s if you want to PM me.

:smiley:

The Sirenis definately has a great pool and I don’t think I’ve seen better. Last year I was at Bahia Principe and that pool was similar. The big difference for me was lack of shade. It had a wide shallow section and a narrower deeper section where you could swim up to the bar. This year I’m trying the Majestic Colonial. Like you, we spend most of the day by the pool. The kids need a shallow area and we all need some shade.

I think that Ocean Blue has a nice pool. I also liked the pool at Grand Flamenco but it didn’t have a deep area. Well, there was one but it was used for the scuba diving lessons.

Ocean Blue had two large pools, one that had all the activities happening in the pool, it had a pool bar, loungers in the pool and lots of umbrellas around the pool. The other pool was more quiet. It had a deep area, well, I am 5’2 and the water went up to my chin when I was standing in the water. This pool has it’s own pool bar. There is also a whirlpool between the two pools. I never had a problem finding shade.

I probably have some pictures, so PM me if you want to see some.

I think the pool at Breezes Peurto Plata was one of the nicest I have seen…
waterslides, lazy river, free form and great swim up bar…

Why don’t more of them have water slides? They’re a lot of fun!

I can’t believe I’m going say this becasue it’s was our least favorite resort so far but the pool at Catalonia is also very nice. It has a walkin section that gradually gets deeper to I’d say about 6 feet deep. There is also a water fountain in the center with stairs for sitting on. There is also a shallow section for pool loungers, and a good size swimup bar. There were lots of shade spots with huts and trees around the pool.