Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Best spas in the Riviera Maya

Living in a city can be tiring and stressful. Getting out of the city and forgetting for some days the routine is fair and sometimes necessary. Going to the Riviera Maya is, in my experience, one of the best places where you can go, relax and enjoy yourself. Not only the Riviera Maya is one of the most fortunate places in the world (I would say), where the sea, the beaches and nature have nothing to ask to some other places, but it has great infrastructure which means great comfort. You need to know first that if you are looking forward to go to the best spas in the area, you’ll have to go to Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos or Tulum. Here I recommend some of them.

In Playa del Carmen you can find a different kind of spa. In Fish Spa Mexico you will not be massaged with the hands of a professional, instead a kind of Turkish fish, called doctor fish, will do the work. The fish are in fish tank with sterilized water were you gently put your feet in. Immediately, the fish will go and massage your soles. You can go with your family or friends and have a nice chat while letting the fish massage of feet. According to the spa this kind of massage creates good moods, it help blood circulation and remove dead cells.
If you don’t feel very attracted about trying this kind of massage, you can try Sabai Spa. This spa offers amazing massages with hot stones and even with chocolate!

If you plan to visit Xel ha eco park close to Tulum and if you have enough time, you should definitely give the Xpa Xelha a try. Xel ha eco park is literally paradise. Here you can do a vast range of aquatic activities in beautiful beaches and rivers. After such amazing time, going to the spa inside the eco park is the most delicious dessert. Yaan Wellness Energy Healing Spa is an amazing option is you are not going to Xel ha. It can be a bit more expensive than the first one, but the quality of the service in insuperable. The architecture and interior design is amazing. You can get healing water and facial treatments and yoga classes. I recommend, if you coincide, with the full moon ceremony, where you can try a traditional Mayan temazcal (steam bath).

Last but not least, the spas in Puerto Morelos. If you are looking to combine nature and a great relaxed time in a spa, Martina’s Oasis Spa and Los Colobries Mayan Jungle Spa. Martina givers extraordinary massages and you can ask for the sea salt scrub massage, an experience worth living. The service in Los Colobries is incredibly friendly and professional . The staff is always willing to chat and ensure you have a good time. The 2.5 hour service is the best and most complete one if you are planning to go for a day. The jungle sounds all around is a plus.

I bet you will have a hard time when leaving this places!