Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Better beach

which would you say has a better beach for swimming (clear water, less seaweed etc)
-riu bachata or iberostar costa dorada (my question mark key is mixed up, sorry lol!)

the best beach by far is the Iberostar Costa Dorada.
The beach at the Bachata is ok, but to have a good swim, use the beach at either the Merengue or the old Mambo. Both these beaches are available to you when staying at the Bachata. AND, you won’t be bothered by vendors on the beach !!

For sure a better beach a the Iberostar.

bobk

That is really good recommendation.Done some research on it on Google and find it one of the best!

However the best beach for clear calm water and good snorkeling in the area is Sosua beach.

bobk

Here’s some photos taken of the beach area near the Iberostar and Marien. They share the same section of beach and are right beside each other. The photos are looking both east and west. As you can see, it’s a nice beach but you won’t be doing any snorkeling.

[quote=@bobfromcanada]Here’s some photos taken of the beach area near the Iberostar and Marien. They share the same section of beach and are right beside each other. The photos are looking both east and west. As you can see, it’s a nice beach but you won’t be doing any snorkeling.
[/quote]Thanks for sharing. Awesome pics. 

[quote=@bobfromcanada]Here’s some photos taken of the beach area near the Iberostar and Marien. They share the same section of beach and are right beside each other. The photos are looking both east and west. As you can see, it’s a nice beach but you won’t be doing any snorkeling.
[/quote]Nice photos Bob! Thanks for sharing it. :slight_smile:

[quote=@imsmiling71][quote=@bobfromcanada]Here’s some photos taken of the beach area near the Iberostar and Marien. They share the same section of beach and are right beside each other. The photos are looking both east and west. As you can see, it’s a nice beach but you won’t be doing any snorkeling.
[/quote]Thanks for sharing. Awesome pics. [/quote]
Thanks. It took a while to find them. I wasn’t staying at either property. I just had to figure out which hotel and year so I could find the photo set. :slight_smile:

Very beautiful beach and the weather is just perfect. What time of the year is this photo taken? Thanks a bunch for sharing. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

The date stamps on the photos say March 11, 2011, about 10:00 in the morning. I prefer to do my ‘photo walks’ before the sun gets too high (and strong).

[quote=@bobfromcanada]The date stamps on the photos say March 11, 2011, about 10:00 in the morning. I prefer to do my ‘photo walks’ before the sun gets too high (and strong). [/quote]Perfect hours for sun bathing perhaps? :slight_smile:

mid day is hottest and strongest sun but anytime the sun is up you can burn

bobk