Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

"big upset"

Can’t believe the “Netherlands” beat the " Dominican" team two games to eliminate them from the world baseball championships.
What’s this world coming to !!! ::slight_smile:

it has come to this in most sports, its all money and not much national pride,

they needed A-ROID… ;D

Let’s not forget that the team is also made up of the following.

The Netherlands Antilles (Dutch: Nederlandse Antillen (help·info)), previously known as the Netherlands West Indies or Dutch Antilles/West Indies, is part of the Lesser Antilles and consists of two groups of islands in the Caribbean Sea: Curaçao and Bonaire, just off the Venezuelan coast, and Sint Eustatius, Saba and Sint Maarten, located southeast of the Virgin Islands.

Allot of good Caribbean players on the team too.

Agree Captain … but the Dominican team had a lot of the High Priced Major Leaguer’s on the team. That’s why such an upset. I like the underdog anyways.

[quote=@captain2002]Let’s not forget that the team is also made up of the following.

The Netherlands Antilles (Dutch: Nederlandse Antillen (help·info)), previously known as the Netherlands West Indies or Dutch Antilles/West Indies, is part of the Lesser Antilles and consists of two groups of islands in the Caribbean Sea: Curaçao and Bonaire, just off the Venezuelan coast, and Sint Eustatius, Saba and Sint Maarten, located southeast of the Virgin Islands.

Allot of good Caribbean players on the team too.[/quote]

And American and Canadian players of Dutch decent.

“And American and Canadian players of Dutch decent.”

Right you are Amigo.

maybe it is b/c europeans can also play ball, not just the american continent?
i heard that Canada is out, too.
rumors also said that Italy played well.
i did not follow up the tourney,
but will be with canadian friends at Steve’s tomorrow and find out who is still in and will play on the screen.
important point:
those beers will be cold, ha ha.
Mike

Speaking of upsets … Italy beats Canada … who saw that coming.

Kevin Martin beat Russ Howard?