Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Blau Costa Verde

:smiley:
Good day Everyone reading my post,

My boyfriend and I booked our trip about a month ago.
We are heading to Holguin, Cuba. (January 5th-19th)
Our resort is called Blau Costa Verde.

Does anyone have tips, suggestions etc?

My boyfriend is 28, I’m 22 (turning 23 while we are in Cuba!!!), so we are just a young couple wanting to get away and relax and enjoy the sun! (drinks here and there haha)

We do want to join in on a couple tours… Any ones that any of suggest??

Anyhow, If anyone could help that’d be awesome!!!

OH and what are your reviews about this resort?

I was there in 2006/07 holiday season. It is a very friendly
resort, clean and the pool is very nice. The hot tub was always
full, so we never used it. The beach is lovely with a nice piece to walk along, over towards Playa Pesquero. However, the Blau has many repeat customers and is much friendlier than Pesquero.
We couldn’t even get on the property to walk around at the
Pesquero. The only thing to watch for, is some of the rooms
close to the centre of the hotel have their doors opening out
towards the “entertainment” centre - so it can be very loud
in the evening. They had a older “piano player” come in and
play in the entertainment/lounge area after dinner and before
the noisy entertainment got going which was very nice.
At dusk, if you walked on the beach, the sand fleas were very bad.However, they never gave us a problem in the heat of the day. The horseback riding was very boring compared to other areas we riden in. the cowboys just talked amongst themselves and didn’t cater to anyone who knew how to ride. But, we did take a taxi ride to the market area closer to Guaralavaca and enjoyed that.
The weekend we were at the Blau, the hotel was overbooked, so they offered anyone who wished a free overnight trip to Santiago, the only catch being you had to give up your room for the night you were away. We took it and the trip was awesome. We saw Santiago, got to go to the Tropicana, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bus driver and the Rep from the hotel who came along as our guides were great and really made sure even the “complainers” didn’t have anything to complain about.
Have a great time, you’ll love it.

I assume you’ve read this?.. http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/cuba/lticosta.html

We’ve been to the BCV twice and hope to return this spring. As a young couple you may find the resort a bit quiet if you’re into a party type atmosphere. The beach is small but very nice with all the usual water sports available and snorkling right off the beach. The food was very good and the staff were very friendly and efficient.
There was lots of shade at the beach and lots of loungers at the beach and pool.
There was a live band at the buffet and restaurants every few days. The evening shows were different every night and IMO were quite good. After the stage show the disco opens at the beach restaurant but never seemed to have much of a crowd.

I went to Blau last March for one week and loved it! my boyfriend and i are in our late 20’s and we were worried about it from reading reviews, but we had a great time.
There isnt that much of a night life, and yes, the food does get boring…but really the beach is wonderful, the grounds are nice and lots of palm trees everywhere.
We liked how the resort is situated in a little cove, there’s good snorkling and lots of places to explore.
We are booking another trip to cuba and would love to go back there, but feel we need to experience new places every time we go somewhere.
Have fun, and enjoy…nothing better than sun, beach and boyfriends!