Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Blau

Ok - I think I’ve narrowed down my choice to Blau Costa Verde & Blau Colonial.

Any thoughts on which one might be a better choice?

We aren’t looking for anything other then a relaxing holiday, nice beach & pool and a decent resort

Blau Costa Verde is near Holguin while Blau Colonial is on Cayo Coco. I haven’t been to Cayo Coco but have been to the BCV twice and highly recommend it. It has a nice little beach, friendly efficient staff, good food & drinks and decent snorkling right off the beach.

Cubavisitor:

My partner and I are still looking about for an affordable place to vacation in Cuba this year. Sadly the CVJ in Jibacoa is not available from Halifax this year and no way am I flying to Toronto for the privilege of going to Cuba. We had also considered the Breezes in Jibacoa but the place costs in excess of 2K for a 2 week stay from Halifax… OUCH.

From your posting it appears that the Blau Coste Verde might just be the ticket for us as snorkeling off the beach is high on our must have list for a vacation. I was wondering if you knew where we might find a resort map for this place and could recommend a room location if one was interested in quiet. If you can also point us in the direction of the contact info (phone, E-Mail) for the resort that would be great. Any other info you would care to pass along would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Jenn

[quote=@jlynn2]Cubavisitor:

My partner and I are still looking about for an affordable place to vacation in Cuba this year. Sadly the CVJ in Jibacoa is not available from Halifax this year and no way am I flying to Toronto for the privilege of going to Cuba. We had also considered the Breezes in Jibacoa but the place costs in excess of 2K for a 2 week stay from Halifax… OUCH.

From your posting it appears that the Blau Coste Verde might just be the ticket for us as snorkeling off the beach is high on our must have list for a vacation. I was wondering if you knew where we might find a resort map for this place and could recommend a room location if one was interested in quiet. If you can also point us in the direction of the contact info (phone, E-Mail) for the resort that would be great. Any other info you would care to pass along would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Jenn[/quote]

If snorkelling right off the beach is a must for you, you might also want to consider the Sol Luna y Mares, also in Guardalavaca (Holguin). The Luna side is very quiet and Playa Esmeralda is a gem of a beach!

What I like about Cayo Coco is the 15 minute ride from the airport compared to the hour bus ride in Holguin.

[quote=@jlynn2]Cubavisitor:

Thanks.

Jenn[/quote]

Contact Info:

Jefe de Ventas/ Sales Manager
Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort
Tel. (53 - 24) 433508 NUEVO!!
Fax (53 - 24) 433515
E-mail: dir.ventas@blau-cv.co.cu

The following site has a lot of info about the Blau but the info is not easy to find. Select Video Library and work your way to the Blau. There’s menus, pictures, videos etc and there was a layout of the resort.
http://www.varvacations.com/index.asp

I think that bldgs 1 & 2 would be the quietest.

The following link has some photos of the resort:
http://community.webshots.com/user/binky107?vhost=community

I’ve been to the Colonial, I don’t think there is great snorkeling off the beach there. If I was stuck and the price was REALLY good, I might consider going back to that resort… it is nowhere near a 4 star, but it was a good place to relax. The pool was not that great, the food was the worst I’ve eaten, the place died at night… but it was a pretty resort, the staff there were a lot of fun and yes it was very close to the airport.

Haven’t been to the Coste Verde, but I think it’s on the Playa Pesquero beach, and if so we walked past it. I liked that beach and there are pretty good snorkel spots very nearby. Don’t know anything about the resort.

Radiochicky,

I’ve stayed at both Blau’s and enjoyed them both. The beach on Cayo Coco is beautiful soft white sand. The beach in Holguin is rocky in places, but has lots of shade as there are trees on the beach. The BCV is the only resort we’ve been to where there are always plenty of loungers and a full time attendant who will set one up where ever you want. The pool at BCV is much nicer than at the Blau Colonial. The Colonial is very picturesque, and the newly renovated room we had there was one of the nicest we’ve ever had. The food I would say is comparable. The BCV is a well managed resort where all the staff are friendly and everyone is working as a team. It was four years ago that we stayed at the Colonial, but it seemed that they were still working out some of the bugs. I would say I liked Cayo Coco better as a destination, but the BCV is a slightly better resort. I would be glad to go back to either.

Snorkler

Never been to either, but did book at the Colonial for March 28th.
See you there! :wink:

Thanks for all the replies! Good info