Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Blue Bay standard room recommendations

Hi all,going here in April and wondering about emailing the hotel nearer the time to request a particular room. From reading the reviews on here and on TA I believe blocks 5-8 at the spa area are nice and quiet.

Ideally we would like a balcony/terrace room without the dividing door to the next room.

Can anyone suggest a good room to ask for?

Many thanks

We were in Block # 5, corner room 5101 and our friends were right beside us, in 5102 and that’s on the ground floor, close to the quiet pool and the bar. Short minute walk to the beach on one side and 1 minute walk to reception, restaurants, etc. on the left. I would definitely e-mail to request a room on the ground floor so you automatically get a terrace, with 2 chairs and a table. The balconies are for the superior rooms, unless you are lucky and get one anyway. The spa area is definitely the nicest spot to be.

Thank you very much for the swift response.My wife does have walking difficulties so a ground floor room in block 5 sounds just about perfect.I will definitely keep this in mind

Superscrew, the grounds of BlueBay are easy to navigate. The only stairs are at the beach bar/restaurants and the entrance to the Jade Gardens (Oriental Restaurant). The main pool is easy to access as well with steps with railings going into the water. The spa pool also has steps and a railing.