Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Booking tours

where in the puerta plata area is the best place to book tours.
i would assume that it is more expensive to book at your resort.
any imput would be much appreciated.

We book our tours thru Isaira Tours. If you contact them before you arrive, they will pick you up and take you to their office where you can arrange dates and pay for them.

You can check out their website www.isairatours.com to see what they have to offer. They also offer custom tours for just you - something you cannot do thru your hotel rep. You will find that in most instances, they are less than the hotel rep as well.

I can vouch that they are very reputable AND, fully insured! We have been very pleased with them and their service.

Yet again Olivia beats me to it. I would also fully recommend Marin at Isaira Tours, wonderful service every time and I try to go on at least one trip every holiday. Martin will pick you up from your hotel and take you to his office to discus your needs and book accordingly.

Cheers Amandalou :-*

Ditto for me. I’ve used Martin Espanal no less than 8 times in teh past 3 years. I used his services 3 times earlier this month. Once again, Martin did not let us down. Excellent service, prices are just fine (even if he is the same price as your resort, you’ll have your own private service with Martin), and as always, his people are most accomodating. They always work on your schedule, not theirs. And Martin will customize any tour you like, providing it makes sense. I highly recommend Martin.

Hi,

We’ve been to Puerto Plata in 2002, 2003 and 2004…during this time we visited the Brugal Rum Factory, the Cigar factory, the Amber Museum, did the Surf n Turf, shopped in Sosua, horseback riding, enjoyed a day on the catamaran and visited the San Filipe Fortress.

We cannot decide what excursion to do this year. Any recommendations?

:slight_smile: Bru

[quote author=brunette board=Poparea thread=1172098420 post=1172446145]Hi,

We’ve been to Puerto Plata in 2002, 2003 and 2004…during this time we visited the Brugal Rum Factory, the Cigar factory, the Amber Museum, did the Surf n Turf, shopped in Sosua, horseback riding, enjoyed a day on the catamaran and visited the San Filipe Fortress.

:slight_smile: Bru[/quote]

I would recommend the outback safari. We did this last year and had a great time. We visisted a typical Dominican home, a school (where we could donate some school supplies) got our picture taken with a mini-croc, spent the afternoon on the beach where we could boogie board. It was a great day.

thanks NB girl…that sounds fun…I’ll have to look into it!

no problem. Have a good trip!!

god yeah its expensive to book with travel rep at hotel. They will tell you lots of horror stories that have happened to people who booked with someone else. dont listen!!! they are tryin to make you buy from them coz they get money out of it. Most places you can book with do have insurance the only one id avoid bookin with is the people who sell on the beaches.

the shopping plazza do good deals in there.

[quote author=brunette board=Poparea thread=1172098420 post=1172446145]Hi,

:slight_smile: Bru[/quote]

I did the Saona Island trip this year through Martin, $239 (£124) a very full day, pick up 6.30 am,to airport, fly to la Romana bus to Alto de Chavon then paddle boat down the river, motor boat to the island with a stop on the way for a swim, a few hours on the island before returning on a catamaran bus and plane, got back 8.30pm. If you want something a little different this one is very good.

Cheers Amandalou :-*

Any excursion other than from a resort rep…