Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Brand New Traveller Has Questions

First time ever out of NA. Staying at Excellence. Any concerns with water, food and insects? Any suggestions on best insect repellent and sunscreen - I burn just looking at the sun!

Bottled water is fine but don’t drink the tap water. There shouldn’t be any issues with the food. Any insect repellent with deet should do. Bugs, if they are around, are worst at dusk and dawn. SPF 45 sunscreen if you burn as easily as you say.
Excellence is a nice resort. One of its charms is that its out of the way. The next hotel is at least a 20 minute walk away.

Thanks very much.

I did post some photos of the place. It was 4 years ago and it was called Secrets then, but I don’t expect its changed a whole lot. See http://www.worldisround.com/articles/106709/index.html

Make sure you always have your sun screen on the sun can burn through very light clothes,I always make sure in the evening i but bug juice on especially feet and up tp my knees they still get me if i don’t and that is with pants on. Stay with bottled water even for brushing your teeth, your resort water and ice { not the tap water } will be ok. I;m sure you will be in the 99 % of us and have a great trip…