Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bridesmaid's gifts

Hi girls, I was just curious about what everyone was doing as far as gifts for the BM and MOH. I have a few ideas, but don’t LOVE any of them, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: hello hello! Because we are getting married down in Punta Cana I wanted to keep up with the theme so I bought my Maid of Honor the Tiffany’s starfish pendant necklace and for my Bridesmaid I bought the Tiffany starfish bracelet - they are really beautiful! I saw a bridesmaid gift the other day which I thought was awesome - it was a real nice small square canvas bag in black - and they were monogrammed in hot pink with the BM’s initials and had polka-dot hot pink and white ribbon for the handles - and the girl said that she got a big tote with the same thing filled with a plush bathrobe, plush slippers, ect … and then on the day of the wedding the bride handed out the smaller bags (which she now uses as a purse) and it had the personalized bottle of water, snacks, gum, ect so that they wouldn’t get hungry through-out the day. … I just read over this post and I am not doing it justice … it was really nice! Very “main-line” …

I also bought my BM, MOH and flower girl (my niece) necklaces from Tiffany’s. I picked out necklaces that suited their individual styles!

i wanted to do the tiffany’s thing too…that was my original intent; however, funds just didn’t allow. so instead i went shopping around different jewelry stores. around valentines day i found some really great sales. i ended up at Zales…i bought each a pair of earrings. they are white gold with a crystal blue colored teardrop gem at the end. i got the moh matching earrings, but hers were the more expensive, elaborate ones. although the dresses are black, im going to put a little business card sized note in the box that says somethig to the effect of “to remind you of the crystal blue water of the dominican” the BM earrings were originally 120 and i got them for 25…the MOH’s were originally 160 and i got them for 30. im STILL impressed with what a fantastic deal i got! they are also getting beefed up welcome bags…im adding more to their bags than the regular guests.

I paid for her damn trip… I think that’s enough!!!
lolololol :slight_smile:
Plus she will get the gift bag that everyone else is getting.

Great ideas ladies, I will have to check out Tiffany’s! I do like keeping with the whole tropical island theme with the jewelry, very nice! And I too like the idea of the beefed up welcome bags, and since we are on the topic, what are you all putting in yours, I have some ideas, but again, the more ideas the better!
;D Any thing specific you are putting in them for the guys? My ideas are mostly geared toward the girls!

I only have my Maid of Honor no bridesmaids so I am spoiling my MOH!. I got her earings & a necklace. I am also going to get a MOH shirt and toat bag with her name on it made. I also paid for her trip.

I have seen some people give picture frames that were engraved which I think is a sweet idea. And is not expensive either!

[quote author=abbie board=wedding thread=1205364895 post=1205455736]Great ideas ladies, I will have to check out Tiffany’s! I do like keeping with the whole tropical island theme with the jewelry, very nice! And I too like the idea of the beefed up welcome bags, and since we are on the topic, what are you all putting in yours, I have some ideas, but again, the more ideas the better!
;D Any thing specific you are putting in them for the guys? My ideas are mostly geared toward the girls![/quote]

Our welcome bags will include, a t shirt for the guys, a tank top for the girls, sunscreen, personalized travel mugs and of course the bag itself. The colour scheme for my wedding is clover so the beach bag is beige and clover, the t-shirts and tank tops are clover and the mugs are clear with clover writing!

Heart Paperweight- with your names engraved on it. How would be this guys???

If funds allow, which we are still looking into we are getting our whole wedding party a excursion of our choice. If funds don’t allow I believe that I will be getting the bridesmaids a tote with some things in it but I am hoping that we can do the excursion.