Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bringing home Mamajuana

Is it best to bring home a pre-mixed bottle or just the bottle with dry ingredients?

We love this stuff, it’s our after dinner drink. Yes …I know what they say - but really … it is the best medicine for whatever ails you. :wink:

Terrilynn

ha ha
Terri,
for me the best mamajuana to bring home is the one which passe my liver prior to arrival,
but have to add that my “Boss” mostly doesn’t react very friendly about the delivery, lol.
sorry, seriously,
if you never mixed a mamajuana before in your life,
i would recommend to let somebody knowledgeable mix it and explain to you the mixture for the future refill, otherwise the final taste may be very different to what you expected.
happy drinking
Mike

Thanks Mike! Will do! :slight_smile:

whatcha will do??
let it pass the liver first
or just let somebody mix it??
ha ha ha
sorry,
sure i understood, just in a nivce mood tonight
enjoy it
Mike

I guess it will be both! We are at the Catalonia Nov 22-29 so we will definately take some home both ways! Inside and outside!
hehehe! :smiley:

great resort.
it’s my hometown aside.
have a pleasant stay
Mike

There were some postings in the last year or so that indicated some people had trouble with customs when returning with the dry mamajuana ingredients. Try our search function using the keywords mamajuana and customs. Set the search window to about 600 days from the default 7.

Hey Bob! thanks - that was exactly what we were looking for. Dry is no good, need to bring it home already mixed.

thanks again ;D

Yes, I recall some months ago this discussion, and i beleive that, yes, the ‘dry’ version was considered ‘Agricultural’ and therefore could not leave the country…Does that sound correct?

I think it’s more like it could leave the country, but not enter ours. :o

Yes, I recall some months ago this discussion, and i beleive that, yes, the ‘dry’ version was considered ‘Agricultural’ and therefore could not leave the country…Does that sound correct?[/quote]

Well, here again, guess it depends on who you talk … Last year, when we were at the RIU Mambo, the Monster Truck Tour guide stated that it was ‘harder’ to get it out in liquid form as people were dumping the regular alcohol that was in the bottle, filling it with the ‘banned’ 151 proof rum. We were told to bring home the dried product, which is what we did, with no problems at customs at all. Mind you, it was already in a bottle, but in dried form.

On returning from our last trip Canada Customs was specifically asking if you “had any of the bottles with pieces of wood and stuff.” Any such products must be declared and surrendered for proper disposal.

http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/publications/broche.shtml

Whichever way you go … be sure it has a proper fitting lid. My boyfriend bought one of the dry bottles with the cute little straw hat on the cap. When he got back to the hotel and took it to the bar to have the bartender fill it with cheapy rum, he discovered that there was no cap … just the cute little straw hat … :slight_smile:

Any idea how long the dried version will keep if the seal/bag is intact?