Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Bringing Stuff

I know I am probably going to sound like an old prude with my posts but here I go again.
What is it with having to bring all this food stuff on vacation with you. Just read a post on another site where they are bringing their own Hot Sauce. And have read where others bring their own Peanut Butter or Ketchup, or Tea or Steak Sauce or Wine, or whatever. And all the posts about bringing their own snacks to have. Like there isn’t enough food out all day long that you can’t find something to snack on.
I mean really you can’t go away for a week with out bringing these things. Are we so sold on our own favorite brands that we can’t go with out them.

[quote=@sackie]I know I am probably going to sound like an old prude with my posts but here I go again.
What is it with having to bring all this food stuff on vacation with you. Just read a post on another site where they are bringing their own Hot Sauce. And have read where others bring their own Peanut Butter or Ketchup, or Tea or Steak Sauce or Wine, or whatever. And all the posts about bringing their own snacks to have. Like there isn’t enough food out all day long that you can’t find something to snack on.
I mean really you can’t go away for a week with out bringing these things. Are we so sold on our own favorite brands that we can’t go with out them. [/quote]

I always bring pringles and peanuts. have you ever seen the price of this stuff down there( even off the resort its expensive)… nice to have while sitting out on the patio with a cold prez … if you got room and you want it take it

I have to bring some of my Tetley tea bags when travelling but would do the same if I were to go the Germany, Italy or the R.D. Sadly resort tea just doesn’t cut it.

I have actually found snack items to be the same or less expensive in the grocery stores in the RD.

[quote=@debinatore]

I have actually found snack items to be the same or less expensive in the grocery stores in the RD.[/quote]

Im glad I dont have to buy snacks in Winnipeg… if you find snacks cheaper in PC

LOL

everything is cheaper than Winnipeg

I guess I am a weird duck. There just is nothing I can think of that I have here at home that I can’t go without while away on vacation. Also the last few resorts we have gone to have snacks out all day long.

the resort we go to has food all day long, how hungry can u get. In the afternoon there was a waiter out with a big box of popsicles never seen that before. At the VIP they had nachos and salsa , cheese sauce and a few other things too. also if u wanted some ice cream you could ask one of the server to get u some ice cream in a plastic cup, he went into the kitcken area to get it . What is the old saying : Enough is as good as a feast" Most of the time when on vacation most people eat way more than at home I know we do.

I did resorts up to 2011 then I retired and now we stay in a Condo on Bavaro Beach for two or three months each winter. The only thing we bring with us is Red Rose tea bags and Summer savory for cooking. The grocery stores are amazing and half the price of east coast Canada. Dining out is about half as at home. My dollar goes so much further in the DR. Fresh fruit and vegetables and meat that is lean and well priced. No “fresh” milk it is all UHT but you get used to it right quick.